General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

notch back christmas ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:43 AM
squincey

Default notch back christmas ideas

My dad has a silver '87 notch back with a '93 interior (don't ask my why they changed the interior, he bought it that way). He has done several mods such as exhaust, cobra heads I believe, and other things putting up to 298 rwhp.
I drive the car on a regular basis when I go home, and compared to my wrx the suspension is just lacking (not knocking the mustang, just a statement), which I'm sure is partially due to the car's age. My main concern is steering feel, turn-in and what not.

So I'm wondering what the msot common suspensioin/steering related mods to do to a mustang to make it more stout in the handling department.
I've been thinking about:
- Steering rack bushings (made a huge difference in my car)
- Struts and/or springs
- Sway bars/sway bar mounts

Let me know guys, any help is very appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Kacy

ps - here's some obligatory pictures

pps - does anyone know where i can get the flush mount cobra r, i believe, centercaps? Similar to this style chrome cobra on black. but it's just the cobra head, I can't find an image of the one I need:
Old 12-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: notch back christmas ideas

First thing would be to get some poly bushings in the suspension. There are several options for the Fox suspension. You may want to visit the 5.0 section. IMO, an air bag system would be killer (in performance...and the wallet[&:]).