General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

aod to new t5 swap..now have vibration...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:55 AM
ultrablue92

Default aod to new t5 swap..now have vibration...

Hey guys..I just had a local well known mustang shop swap out my aod for a new world class t5z, king cobra clutch, flywheel, etc. When leaving, The shop mechanic informed me that the transmission would shift rough and run tight for the first couple ofhundred miles, or until the gears meshed together.My question is...I drove the car back and forth to orlando (300miles) right after having the swap done, and while theshifter has loosened up...Istill have a rough vibration in all gears after about 3 grand. Is this normal? At about 80 mph the car starts to vibrate significantly enough that i can feel it in the car seat. I havent spoke to the shop about this yet but I do have to return to them at 500 miles to have the trans fluid drained and a additive put in. I have had 2, 5 speed stangs before and only felt this type of vibration when i was well over 100 miles an hour. Please help!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
88droptopgt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: aod to new t5 swap..now have vibration...

I'd take it back to the shop NOW or at least call and let them knwo what it is doing.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Sounds like they put in the wrong flywheel and your engine is now out of balance.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:39 AM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

same thing i was thinking, 1985 and lower needs 28oz flywheel 1987 up takes 50oz flywheel
Old 01-14-2007, 02:20 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Highway driving does nothing to break in aanything on a tranny. Most break-in periods involve city driving. Mine had a balance issue on the flywheel and vibrated horribly. Due to some slight mis-information from Spec that was later cleared up I had a weight on there that needed to come off. It caused horrible vibration at any rpm.

If there is a vibration at acertain rpm, in gear or not, then it's flywheel. If it only vibrates at a certain rpm in gear, then it's tranny gears.

Ryan