General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I saw this on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:03 PM
boardlockmango
1st Gear Member

Default I saw this on ebay...

I saw this on Ebay...is this true? If so, does anyone know how to do it? Thanks.
Joe

Turn Your 1999-2004 Ford Trucks Digital Odometer Into A Digital Tachometer, Speedometer (In MPH Or KPH!), Fuel Gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge, Engine Temperature Gauge, Voltmeter Gauge, Sweep Gauge Tester, Indicator Bulb Tester, Code Reader, And Much More, With NO TOOLS, In Under 15 Seconds!!!
[hr]
I know, I know, sounds like a bunch of B.S. right? You see Ford put this cool hidden feature in the instrument clusters of all 1999-2004 Ford Trucks to aid there mechanics while calibrating the cars! Regardless of the type of Ford Truck you own, this very quick, simple as can be trick is guaranteed, YES GUARANTEED, to work for you!
[hr]
In order to get your car to do this, you will need nothing at all but your ignition key, and about 15 seconds of your free time!
[hr]
Whatever option you decide to view on your odometer will REMAIN there until YOU decide to remove it! What this means is that when your driving down the street, and lets say you decide to display your Tach read out on the odometer gauge, it will read your exact Engine RPM, while you drive!

[hr]
Also as an added bonus, I will send along an error code description list, (These are the codes that make your lovely “Service Engine Soon” light illuminate) Along with instructions on how you can delete these codes yourself!
[hr]
After your prompt payment, I will be sending you instructions on how do accomplish this feature via E-Mail within‘ 24 hours! Please make sure your perfectly clear what E-Mail address you would like the information to go to!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Albrutis

Default RE: I saw this on ebay...

It was designed for techs to see specs as they do test drives.
Check thes link it explaines how to do it.
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
Old 03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

OMG some idiot is selling a how-to instruction on eBay that you can easily find out for FREE just by Googling around a littlebit? [:@]

Someone should post a link to the FREE instructions right in his seller comments
Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

OMG some idiot is selling a how-to instruction on eBay that you can easily find out for FREE just by Googling around a littlebit? [:@]

Someone should post a link to the FREE instructions right in his seller comments
I think the idiots are the people that would pay for that...he is actually a genius..probably hauling in all sorts of free cash.....
Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Li0nHart

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

I think the idiots are the people that would pay for that...he is actually a genius..probably hauling in all sorts of free cash.....
Well, not necessarily. Many people probably don't know this particular knowledge is available free, so you can't really fault them. Some other guy might try and "sell" the instructions for reprogramming a replacement factory keyfob etc..

It's a bit of a streach to call this guy a genious lol, he's more like a swindler taking advantage of the naive.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

i wish i had thought of it...but then again...i'm no genius...