General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

pulley help?!?!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 AM
06harleysprayin

Default pulley help?!?!

wats happen ford bro's..i own an 06 harley dave..i kno not a stang but i'm hopin u guys can help..recently i installed a set of motoblue underdrive pulleys i had no problemson the 1st night or even the 2nd day..but when i went to start it the other night i got a real bad squeky sound once it hit drive..i read it may be antifreeze but i'm actually hoping it is sumthing that simple..but i think i would have heard that the first night or even the 2nd day it wAS in use all day..i'm hopin u guys can tell me wats up or even give me sum ideas of wats wrong..any help would be appreciated..i would hate to put it back to stock..
Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: pulley help?!?!

Underdrive pulleys on an HD? Drive?

Conclusion: You're an idiot.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:17 AM
06harleysprayin

yea..an idiot....please stop..even with my f*ckin squeaky *** pulleys i'll blow the f*ckin doors off ur junk a** stang..u think all i got is pulleys in my HD..my bolts need more torque than u motor can put out..i hope u got sum kind of ***** under that hood..cuz as far as i know i'll blow that junk of urs out the water i'll make u feel worse than those import losers..
Old 04-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

OK settle down a little.I have a couple HD's and know a lot about them so let's start over.
What did you put pulley's on? V-Rod?
If you are talking about the rear drive belt it might need to be aligned a little so that it rides in the center of the pulley with a slight gap visible on both sides of the belt.The primary belt drive (if that's what you have) is the same.Also make sure the pulleys are tracking straight.I've seen therear pulleyhave different degree's of runout due to dirt or other unwanted stuff getting between the hub and the pulley.This usually isn't apparent unless you raise the rearend and spin the tire with the engine.
Anything with belt driven accessories can/will squeak if the belts or pulleys get contaminated.Shifting into "drive" is sometimes thought to cause the squeak to start but in reality the frequency has changed to a level you can hear with your ears versus the dog's.

Yeah,I know what you mean about blowing parts off most of the cars on the road.That 94 Sportster in my sig has been severly modified and is almost scary after it's been in the garage over the winter.It takes some getting used to again.