General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Shifting = MPG?

Old 12-28-2004, 12:27 AM
stock98GT

Default RE: Shifting = MPG?

ORIGINAL: Hells GT

ORIGINAL: GTron

Buy a Geo and shift wherever you want. Drive the Stang when you wanna have fun and not worry about gas mileage.
I disagree, sure the mustang is good for fun but thats not what its all about. During the week my mustang is used for transporting to and from work and I put on a lot of miles to and from, which cost money. Money doesnt grow on trees for everyone and gas cost money. Plus not everybody has extra money to spend on a geo. I have fun with my car on the weekends and dont worry about the gas. Some people have mortgages, insurances, bills and more bills to pay, so with that said I will worry about my gas mileage.

I am blessed enough to have my Stang as a 3rd car. I could care less about the gas mileage! I guess that would be obvious, since I drive a Tundra V-8 4x4. It gets about 15 mpg on daily driving.

As for my Stang, my motto is: " ...drive it like you stole it"!
Old 12-28-2004, 12:42 PM
GTron
1st Gear Member

Buy a Geo and shift wherever you want. Drive the Stang when you wanna have fun and not worry about gas mileage.
I disagree, sure the mustang is good for fun but thats not what its all about. During the week my mustang is used for transporting to and from work and I put on a lot of miles to and from, which cost money. Money doesnt grow on trees for everyone and gas cost money. Plus not everybody has extra money to spend on a geo. I have fun with my car on the weekends and dont worry about the gas. Some people have mortgages, insurances, bills and more bills to pay, so with that said I will worry about my gas mileage.

I too have these bills and also drive many miles to and from work. I'm not just some punk kid whose parents pay everything for them. Had my 03 for 14 months and just rolled over 40k. I was just saying that no matter how you drive it, you're not going to get great gas mileage from a mustang. If that was a primary concern, then a Mustang is not what you want for a daily driver.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

I too have these bills and also drive many miles to and from work. I'm not just some punk kid whose parents pay everything for them. Had my 03 for 14 months and just rolled over 40k. I was just saying that no matter how you drive it, you're not going to get great gas mileage from a mustang. If that was a primary concern, then a Mustang is not what you want for a daily driver.
If it was a primary concern, I wouldnt of bought the car.