General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What is Ford going to do when the Camaro/Challenger come out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What is Ford going to do when the Camaro/Challenger come out...

I was just talking to a Ford salesman and he said the company was talking about using the 5.0 cammer engine in future Mustangs.
That's just a rumor running around in the dealer world,nothing concrete.

The reason I bought my 4.6 GT version over a Mach 1 or Cobra had to do with the fact I could have decent power and have it while running cheaper 87 octane fuel.Since my car was going to be a daily driver covering a hundred miles a day back and forth to work,I wanted something respectable that cost as little as possible to operate.That's the reason I added mods that increased fuel economy and power.None of the parts I have installed have reduced fuel economy.Paying higher insurance rates also was a factor in my decision.
Having the fastest car in town didn't play into the picture at all because it's been my experience that honor only lasts about five minutes.I used to have one of the fastest bikes in the area but it just got to where it was going to cost a fortune ($12,000+) to build a bigger engine for my H-D and it just wasn't worth it. (I've had people come to my house,drunk,wanting to race,in the middle of the night!!!!! I probably should have taken them up on the offer just to be rid of them forever)

Ford should continue to make the V-8 Mustang as an economy muscle car,if there is such an animal,that can be upgraded by home based mechanics.With the price of gasoline going up and up this will be an important selling point.After all,most of the Mustangs sold will never see a set of headers or a larger throttle body let alone a race track.Younger drivers could still benefit from a V-6 version that's affordable,brings a peace of mind factor for parents,and still be a nice car.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Kikandross
1st Gear Member

I love my stand and i will never get rid of it, but when the maro comes out, i want it bad, because me and my buds back in the day had a 71 maro ss.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
cottoncandymustang
1st Gear Member

my personal opinion ford will not half to worry about chevy has anyone seen that camaro they are putting out? im not a big fan of it at all. it will sell but i dont think its going to be the hott thing for that year. Now dodge on the other hand . they have put one hell of a good lookin car with that challenger. They went back to the old style bodys and coming from a ford guy. i wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of them. But im always going to be a true die hard mustang fan and i really do hope ford does bring the 5.0 back i love them 302s

[IMG]local://upfiles/71620/EF89B39DBA5B46A9BF612F01CDBB3369.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/71620/335C3075AE324E57BC7B8FF4B026CED5.jpg[/IMG]