General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauging interest in a Manual Fan Switch Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
formula107

Default Gauging interest in a Manual Fan Switch Kit...

First off, let me state that I am NOT advertising anything or offering anything for sale.

With that out of the way, I was hoping to see how interested you guys would be in a complete plug-and-play manual fan switch kit for your cars. I believe Kenny Belle was the only company to produce a kit, and they no longer do.

The kit will have a small (about 3/4" round rocker switch), and a LED in a color of your choice to show when the fan is on. The LED will light up when the computer turns the cooling fan on, and when it is turned on manually by the switch. The wiring is very simple, and no factory wires need to be cut or harmed since connectors are used to tap into the wires. The hardest part of the hole install is manuevering your way under the dash to run 1 wire into the engine bay via a pre-existing grommet. Installation is very simple and quick.

I do not want to say much about my very small 'company' as I don't want to violate any forum rules. If there is interest however, I will pursue the idea and start maketing the kit. I already have a prototype made for 4.6L and 5.0L models. I hate to say it, but I currently make a similar kit for 4th gen. F-bodys. I have sold over 450 of those over the past few years, so you can be confident quality would not be an issue.

Let me know if you're interested and what you'd be willing to pay for such a kit.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:33 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Gauging interest in a Manual Fan Switch Kit...

ORIGINAL: formula107

First off, let me state that I am NOT advertising anything or offering anything for sale.

With that out of the way, I was hoping to see how interested you guys would be in a complete plug-and-play manual fan switch kit for your cars. I believe Kenny Belle was the only company to produce a kit, and they no longer do.

The kit will have a small (about 3/4" round rocker switch), and a LED in a color of your choice to show when the fan is on. The LED will light up when the computer turns the cooling fan on, and when it is turned on manually by the switch. The wiring is very simple, and no factory wires need to be cut or harmed since connectors are used to tap into the wires. The hardest part of the hole install is manuevering your way under the dash to run 1 wire into the engine bay via a pre-existing grommet. Installation is very simple and quick.

I do not want to say much about my very small 'company' as I don't want to violate any forum rules. If there is interest however, I will pursue the idea and start maketing the kit. I already have a prototype made for 4.6L and 5.0L models. I hate to say it, but I currently make a similar kit for 4th gen. F-bodys. I have sold over 450 of those over the past few years, so you can be confident quality would not be an issue.

Let me know if you're interested and what you'd be willing to pay for such a kit.
Tell me more. What kind of pricing would we be talking? I'm a sucker for control.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
formula107

Well, I was thinking $27.99.

Basically, it allows you to contol the engine cooling fan, and the LED indicates when the fan is on, whether the computer turn it on or you do. You will be able to choose from any color LED you would like.

The kit I sell for F-bodys goes for a bit more, but it's also more involved, as there are 2 cooling fans, and therefore twice as much wiring.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:38 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

Post pictures, and even some diagrams so I can gauge the quality of the product in some way, or at least send a PM. You may have an order.

Just a suggestion: Make it a replacement for the coin holder.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:08 PM
formula107

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/333641/photo1.html

Here's a photo, although not mounted in place of the coin holder.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:29 PM
oleydd970

Do you have a kit for a 95 5.0L GT? Also does it operate normaly from the computer if the switch is not on? Can you run the fan with the engine off inACC or Key On Engine Off? Where is the switch mounting in a 95, I dont have a rear window defroster, the blank panel there would be a great place for it. I am highly interested. Let me know.