General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Auto Meter Gauges

Old 02-28-2005, 01:33 AM
inklvr

Default Auto Meter Gauges

I posted this in another, and was told maybe better luck here. I would like to find out from people that have used these, why you use them. I'd like to know from a consumer point of view. See I used to work there, building speedos, tachs, and air fuel, and others. I heard the company's point of view, but never from actual people that use them. Are they actually a good product, or is there not alot of other choices? I saw how some of these were made and it blows my mind that they work. I will want to add gauges in the future, but seeing what I did, not sure if I want to use them. Not trying to bash them, just want a little feedback. Thanx.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:42 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Auto Meter Gauges

they are seen as a lot more accurate and reliable then the factory gauges
Old 02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

to be honest..I have used them and for the $$$$ I'd pass as I use auto gauge until autometer bought them... most like them due to name and some of the new looks they have out.....as for quality I don't see them ahead of anyone...now if buying a like new used one I would but I used only liquid filled gauges in most of my cars and trucks now....steward gauge I used all the time my in the day...I have no names gauge in some car and never had a problem and are very accute..sunpro has good gauges for a low price
Old 02-28-2005, 07:46 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Autometer gauges are the only one I have any experience with and I have no complaints with them at all. I thought I had a bad tach and sent it back after contacting them via their website and they replaced it with a brand new one no charge. turns out I was hooking it up to the wrong wire at the coil. I also choose them because a lot of the other races at my track use them and the guys I asked always had good things to say about Autometer products. besides the monster tach with shift light, I've got a mechanical oil pressure, mechanical fuel pressure, mechanical engine temperature, electrical transmission temperature and a volt meter gauge and they all work just fine for me. The quality is excellent and the price is reasonable for the quality of the gauges in my opinion.