General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power door locks question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 PM
chefdab

Default Power door locks question

I'm having a problem with my power door locks. First let me start off by saying it's a 2004 that we bought used. We got both original remotes when we purchased the car. About a month ago the remote would only work occasionally and finally stopped working. Up until this time, the switch on the door panel worked fine. Then I replaced the batteries in both remotes. They work fine now. But the switches in the door no longer work. This car is not our daily driver and sits a fair amount of time. We also had some intermittent issue with the power windows. So I figured that since the car is about 4 years old (build date is actually in late 03 according to door sticker) and it sits a lot that my issues could be a battery on the way out. So we went to Sears and got a brand new Die Hard. The window issue cleared up fine with the new battery but the door lock switches on the door still don't work. Do any of you guys have an idea what else could be causing this? I really don't want to take it to a dealer since it's not under warranty. If I have to replace the switches, could someone point me in the direction of where I can get switches and how to take the door apart to do the install? Thanks for reading the ramblings of a newbie.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 AM
ewgoetz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Power door locks question

You can try a auto parts store some carry them or can get them. Best bet is to go to a dealer and buy the switches from there parts department and than go and install them your self.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Fil

Originally Posted by chefdab
I'm having a problem with my power door locks. First let me start off by saying it's a 2004 that we bought used. We got both original remotes when we purchased the car. About a month ago the remote would only work occasionally and finally stopped working. Up until this time, the switch on the door panel worked fine. Then I replaced the batteries in both remotes. They work fine now. But the switches in the door no longer work. This car is not our daily driver and sits a fair amount of time. We also had some intermittent issue with the power windows. So I figured that since the car is about 4 years old (build date is actually in late 03 according to door sticker) and it sits a lot that my issues could be a battery on the way out. So we went to Sears and got a brand new Die Hard. The window issue cleared up fine with the new battery but the door lock switches on the door still don't work. Do any of you guys have an idea what else could be causing this? I really don't want to take it to a dealer since it's not under warranty. If I have to replace the switches, could someone point me in the direction of where I can get switches and how to take the door apart to do the install? Thanks for reading the ramblings of a newbie.
I'm having same problem, what did you do to solve this?