General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

A good place to start?

Old 03-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Xalten

Default A good place to start?

Hi,

Sorry for the newbish question but where would a good place be to start learning specifics on my mustang for future possible moding? I know these forums can be a great help and I read them a lot but there are many times where I just haven't a clue what the person is even talking about. I need to get a stronger foothold on termonology and parts and their locations I guess. I appologize if this has been answered before, so far my searches haven't came back with to many results but I will keep trying. Also wasnt sure if this should go in the new comers section or here. I've already posted in the new comers, but it was just a hello post and pics of my car.

Alright, thanks for any suggestions
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

Default RE: A good place to start?

like you said reading the forums helps alot, and you will eventually learn all the terminology by just reading. there are lots of other great forums out there like corral.net. you can also learn alot of stuff by reading magazines.
don't be afraid to ask questions. there are lots of knowledgable people on this board that would be willing to help you.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:41 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Just look around. If you need anything just post up what you need. You will always get awnsers. If you need to know about a part, you can private message me and if I don't know I will be sure to foward it to someone that will for you. You will get the hang of it. Its not that hard. We're all here, put us to good use.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, ask away. I learned a lot on this forum. Everybody has been really patient with me because I didn't know a whole lot about my car until I started posting questions.

Somebody will always have an answer for you. Welcome!!!

Old 03-23-2005, 12:48 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Oh yea. Heres my line. Welcome to the forums. Have fun.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

read alot of the forum, read muscle mustang fast ford magazines, 5.0 super fords magazine. if you dont understand something or if you want something clarified. do not beafraid to ask.and ask alot of questions. thats a great way to learn. plus theres a alot of people on this forum that will go out of there way to help you.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:34 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

check out this site: www.howstuffworks.com and go under the automotive section, they have some very good techinical explanations about all the different working parts of a car and they also have good illustrations to help you understand the things they are talking about. there are also books about the basics of internal combustion engines that will give you a good idea of things too, check out you local library or bookstore for one.