General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HOW LOW IS YOUR STANG!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
ASHY2CLASSY

Default HOW LOW IS YOUR STANG!

I HAVE AN 05 GT WITH 18 INCH RIMS, I WANT TO LOWER MY RIDE BUT IM AFRAID THAT ONE MODIFICATION WILL REQUIRE A NEXT, TO THE POINT WHERE IT WILL MAKE ME BROKE. I JUST WANT TO CLOSE THE GAP. THINKING OF GOING WITH EIBACH SPORTLINES BUT WHAT COMES NEXT? AM I GIVING UP RIDE QUALITY? AM I BREAKING PARTS IN THE LONG RUN ? WHAT CAN I DO TO LOWER MY RIDE CLEAN NO CATCHES AND WHAT ADDITIONS DOES IT REQUIRE, NO AUTO CROSS NO DRAG JUST PLAIN CRUISE AND GAS PEDAL SLAMING ONCE IN A WHILE JUST TO HEAR THETAR ON THE ROADSCREAM A LITTLE. SO TELL ME HOW LOW DO YOU GO AND WHAT IS THE AFTER MATH, HORROR STORIES THE WORKS. A FOOL LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES BUT A WISE DUDE LEARNS FROM THE FOOLS MISTAKE. HELP THIS FOOL
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
ExtrmZ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HOW LOW IS YOUR STANG!

i am liking the stock height
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

I installed Steeda Ultralites and dropped 1 1/8" in rear and 3/4" in front. Perfect forme and ride is not too harsh/stiff.No extra parts, no alignment, no nothing. Did it myself borrowing a spring compresser from Auto-Zone for the fronts.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Not low enough[sm=pimp.gif]
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

pretty low....im ridin sportlines.

(sig is before the sportlines)
Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ASHY2CLASSY

I HAVE AN 05 GT WITH 18 INCH RIMS, I WANT TO LOWER MY RIDE BUT IM AFRAID THAT ONE MODIFICATION WILL REQUIRE A NEXT, TO THE POINT WHERE IT WILL MAKE ME BROKE. I JUST WANT TO CLOSE THE GAP. THINKING OF GOING WITH EIBACH SPORTLINES BUT WHAT COMES NEXT? AM I GIVING UP RIDE QUALITY? AM I BREAKING PARTS IN THE LONG RUN ? WHAT CAN I DO TO LOWER MY RIDE CLEAN NO CATCHES AND WHAT ADDITIONS DOES IT REQUIRE, NO AUTO CROSS NO DRAG JUST PLAIN CRUISE AND GAS PEDAL SLAMING ONCE IN A WHILE JUST TO HEAR THETAR ON THE ROADSCREAM A LITTLE. SO TELL ME HOW LOW DO YOU GO AND WHAT IS THE AFTER MATH, HORROR STORIES THE WORKS. A FOOL LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES BUT A WISE DUDE LEARNS FROM THE FOOLS MISTAKE. HELP THIS FOOL
I put a set of sportlines and tokico adjustable on my buddies 07 GT and it looks incredible. As long as you do new shocks/struts along with the springs, you won't sacrifice ride quality. Of course its gonna feel stiffer cause its lower, but thats where adjustable shocks/struts come it. The only thing you might need is C/C plates (we didn't need them on his). I'll try to get a pic of it posted tomorrow. I have driven it plenty of times after the install and would definitely recommend them.

Edit: I have the pro-kit on mine and am thinking about swapping them out for sportlines for the extra half inch drop. Makes such a big difference IMO.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
ASHY2CLASSY

stiffness is good, not a problem, but i dont want to feel every bump on the road like im out running morters, i see some cars with just springs and every bump on the road makes thier car look like its on hydrolics or something, i dont want that, i expect a little stiffness but i dont want sloppyness, know what i mean?