General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trying to fix a few common issues.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:06 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default Trying to fix a few common issues.

I have the lovely door sag on my vert...How do you fix that? Passenger seat doesnt recline and doesnt stay either...it randomly will fall almost flat at times with someone in it. What causes that? Adjusting the E brake? I have to pull it way too far...or could it just be that my brake shoes are toast...because they are. Seatbelts have a bunch of slack and will not recoil. Do I need new retractors...or is there a way to fix that?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Trying to fix a few common issues.

err....too many questions or what? At least help me with one at a time, suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

Door sag. I'd start off with new pins and bushings.

The E brake. Slam a pair of shoes in it and adjust them fora slight drag on the drum.

I've seen seat belts on ebay. A car that's had it's belts removed in favour of racing belts would be a good score for you.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so Ebay is likely. Ive been looking but blues kinda hard to find. Ill keep looking. The Brakes I figured...was just wondering if theres a way to adjust it for now. Door pins and bushings, Ill have to check into those, I had no idea of what made them do that. They also kinda stick out near the top of the door edge...They dont really line up smooth to the body. I wonder if that will fix that. Cars never been in an accident as far as looking at the paint and the carfax goes. So dunno what else would cause it. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 AM
SKAR

latemodelresto for seat belts, get new door pins for the sagging doors, well your at it do subframe connectors to stiffen up the car, and get new e brake shoes, theyre cheap and easy enough, then just adjust it
Old 02-23-2008, 10:40 AM
onesickstang01
2nd Gear Member

haha sounds alot like my stang. other than the sagging doors
Old 02-23-2008, 10:58 AM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rwdfan

I have the lovely door sag on my vert...How do you fix that? Passenger seat doesnt recline and doesnt stay either...it randomly will fall almost flat at times with someone in it. What causes that? Adjusting the E brake? I have to pull it way too far...or could it just be that my brake shoes are toast...because they are. Seatbelts have a bunch of slack and will not recoil. Do I need new retractors...or is there a way to fix that?
Congratulations you own a fox. I love the sagging seat belts rattling around at 130 mph on the highway. I call it the death rattle. The cheap fix on the belts is to buy new or aftermarket ones. I bet they are just old and worn out. The brakes are an easy fix. shoes are cheap. As for the seat and door, sounds like some rather large people owned your stang before you did. I used to get that a lot with my Ford pickups. Fat people like to use them as a crutch to hop in or out of the car or truck. Inspect the hinges, and i think someone mentioned pins and bushings.

oh BTW nice Stang too. I haven't seen a decent looking vert 5.0 in a long time.