General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2000 mustang needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 AM
mustangpookie

Default 2000 mustang needs help!

Well this is my first post and I will start by saying hello to everyone!

I have saved a 2000 mustang V6 from its destruction by a drunk driver and she is need a some TLC amoung other things.. I was wanting to see if I could get some feed back as I have been an admirer of stangs for years, but this is my first own! WOOHOOO!!!
So with that in mind I am a true layman... lol

Here's her deal... besides $1000 in body damage ;( she is also making some wierd noises. Can anyone give me some idea of what kinds of warnings/noises stangs will make when the rear dif is going out or the U joint needs replacing?
it seems like everytime I brake at any kind of incline or sit idle at a red light/stop signshe makes a real horrible noise, (almost a grinding, ratteling sound) I can't even begin to discribe it, but it is loud enough to freak out whomever may be infront of me, I have had 2 poeple now move up there cars when I came up behind them.. it just starting doing a few weeks ago and at first it was only on an incline, but now its doing it more and louder..... a couple poeple seem to think that one of those 2 things are going out.... or the transmission is going out, which I am praying is not the case.... I am hoping for the 2 lesser expensive fixes... and with that said, are there any warnings when the transmission is going out that I would hear? It doesnt seem to be slipping gears at all and rides pretty good considering its been beat all to heck! Come to find out the dude did burn outsand really romped on it for the 6 months he had it until he hit a jersey barrier on I-40 north to Ft. Smith and it pretty much did her in, she sat for about a year and then I took her to give her the love she deserves.
Any feedback you guys have would be greatly appreciated, I dont know if anyone has ever had these issues with an abused stang, but I would really love to get her back up to par and looking great again. She has the Electric green paint w/ pearl flake and GT body kit. Interior is in great cond. and everything works so far. lol I'll post pics once I re-size
Thanks in advance