General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

18+GT=THIS

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
zippo2341
2nd Gear Member

Default 18+GT=THIS

So i was coming home from the bank,the otherday pulled up to the light and noticed a camaro was in front of me. he starts revving it, i answer back, we take off. right around 85mph i go to pass him, as i come out into the other lane my heart drops to see the infamous white ford and black bully bar coming right at us, with the lights already flashing. i pulled over before he even turned around knowing im toast and better just cooperate. cop comes up looking a little angry, gives me the talk, i can barely hand over my info cause im shakin so much, it looks like im doing the mocharana in the car. After the long waitstarring out the rear view mirrorand the stack of those aweful orange colored papers, i just wanted to die. But it gets better, this all happened in my home township, the one my dad was a police officer in. I have to admit i will never do this sh*t again, cause its notworth it,and seeing those BEN FRANKLINS go flying out of my wallet doesn't make it any better. If you got a story like this, post it id love to read it, butif your just gonnadown talk it, and say how immature i was, save it. Im reminded every night at the dinner table. Morale of the story, dont be stupid. JAY
Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
MustangMike2001
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 18+GT=THIS

You should have kept going he might have pulled over the other guy! That happened to me once. Some jack *** tried to beat me where a two lane turned into a one lane and I wasn't havin it. Blue lights came up quick and got him since he was behind me.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:25 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Eh, I think we've all raced at least a little bit at one point or another, even if it's just you by yourself windingo out the gears. Seeing a cop is just doing it at the wrong time but **** happens.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:09 PM
m260gt
2nd Gear Member

saw cops after a race one time. raced in a back street. came out to the gas station and two cops were sitting there outside thier cars glaring at us when we went by...i guess they didnt have proof so they couldnt do anything...they had to have heard us tho.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:03 AM
zippo2341
2nd Gear Member

haha there all good stories, i was going to the local dinner with my parents in the car for easter breakfast, we passed the cop that pulled me over and he just glared at the car, i couldnt help but smile. court dates start April 14, so ill keep informed, all i know is the cheif who worked and went through the academy with my dad, came over yesterday and there trying to figure something out, looks like this cop screwed the wrongperson.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

I was in my friends Dodge Cummins 2500 one time and we were racing a Powerstroke Ford F-350 that was playing games with us. A complete stranger and not one of our friends. Side by side we lined up on a back road when no one was coming in either direction. With my buddies chip on level 6, we dust the Powerstroke and take over the right hand lane. then let off the throttle to line up again, the powerstroke passes us so we decide to catch up to him. 2 state cops have someone pulled over on the side of the road. One of them waves both of our trucks to the side of the road and hops in his cruiser. The moron in the powerstroke actually pulled over as we went flying past him a little over 80 on a straight away. I don't think the other guy thought very hard. A cop is coming from a dead stop and trying to catch 2 speeding vehicles and his only backup in the immediate area already has someone pulled over. We just kept going till we hit a back road that could get us back to my house. Needless to say, we escaped Johnny Law. I always wondered what happened to the other guy. The best part was, the cops had no radar of our speed, and we could have just said that we didn't see him waving us down because we were going so fast. I guess the moral of this story is always think before you act. I always say my mustang will outrun a Police Interceptor Crown Vic, which it will. It's just his radio that I'm worried about.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 AM
slo_sn95

After I got my cobra I raced my friend in his zo6 on the freeway and a cop came up on us just as we started. We looked at each other and both kept on going until we hit about 160. I looked back in my rearview and saw the cop's lights turn off. Guess he figured he wouldn't catch us or didn't want to try. I chuckle when I think about what the cop was thinking when we kept going and were gone, but on the other hand I am glad we were lucky enough to get away. I now keep all my racing to our local raceway because as I have gotten older I realized that it just isn't worth the huge ticket, impounding of your car, and possibility of jail time just for a race. If you race long enough... you will eventually get caught (doh). Every single one of my friends that used to race every weekend has gotten a ticket as some point. I decided to stop pushing my luck. [sm=smiley1.gif]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
LinkTheWorld
1st Gear Member

Well back when I was 17 and had my first mustang. That was ages ago, well only 8 years ago, but still. Anyway I was on a backroad that was really straight and really long, but it had a 35 mph speed limit because there were houses on the one side. Well me and my buddy decieded it would be a good idea to try to go 3 times the speed limit just to say we did it. I did mention I was 17 and dumb at the time didnt I? So I was right about at 105 when in the rear view mirror I saw a cop pull out and turn on his lights. I had a big headstart and just kept going, turned down this one road, then another, then I saw a dark outside garage, so I pulled in really quick and turned off my car, about 30 seconds later the cop went by, I was SOOOOO SCARED, I will admitt it, I dont care who hears me.

The funnies part was, I didnt know HOW long to wait, so we waited...and waited.... and fell asleep. WE were awaken by this old couple knocking on my window. I was like...what...and they were like " I think you parked spot because this is not your house, this is our house" They were really nice about and had no clue. Good thing they didnt call the cops I guess.

Since that was my local area I was scared whenever I drove around that part of town, that alone made me not do anything THAT stupid again. It was crazy. If it doesnt seem that crazy, I guess it had to be YOU then it would have been.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Here's a dandy:
I had some jap POS lined up beside me once at a light.The kid definately wanted to run and I would have obliged,,,except my V1 was lighting a steady four dots.Not enough to get a speed reading and not in sight,but just around the bend.When the light changed I killed him on reaction time and was pullin' away in first and the bottom of second.At this time there was five going on six dots and I let off and hit the brakes,shifted into fifth,and let him go.
The V1 went to full alert by now and the blue lights came on.The cop flies by me and pulls over the ricer.

If you're going to do this kind of stuff get a V1.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
rezarxt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMan628

I was in my friends Dodge Cummins 2500 one time and we were racing a Powerstroke Ford F-350 that was playing games with us. A complete stranger and not one of our friends. Side by side we lined up on a back road when no one was coming in either direction. With my buddies chip on level 6, we dust the Powerstroke and take over the right hand lane. then let off the throttle to line up again, the powerstroke passes us so we decide to catch up to him. 2 state cops have someone pulled over on the side of the road. One of them waves both of our trucks to the side of the road and hops in his cruiser. The moron in the powerstroke actually pulled over as we went flying past him a little over 80 on a straight away. I don't think the other guy thought very hard. A cop is coming from a dead stop and trying to catch 2 speeding vehicles and his only backup in the immediate area already has someone pulled over. We just kept going till we hit a back road that could get us back to my house. Needless to say, we escaped Johnny Law. I always wondered what happened to the other guy. The best part was, the cops had no radar of our speed, and we could have just said that we didn't see him waving us down because we were going so fast. I guess the moral of this story is always think before you act. I always say my mustang will outrun a Police Interceptor Crown Vic, which it will. It's just his radio that I'm worried about.
I doubt you could outrun a crown vic. My dad is a cop and they are capable of around 160 easily. My GT tops out at 135 (with gears). They are builtfor high speed chases. The only reasona cop wont chase you is not because he cant catch you, its because he risks you running into someone and killing innocent people. Sorry to break the news to you.

As far as my story, ive only been pulled over once for 20 over and I got off without a warning. I speed when its safe/no risk of being caught. There are these roads in rural VA where i broke 110 on. I did a driveby at 80mph just incase I missed a cop so I would get a ticket for 25 over instead of 55 over. On my second run I only got up to 100. I didnt want to push my luck on a third time trying to get up to 135. Ill take my brothers word for it. I wasnt racing anyone, but its a hell of a spot incase I ever find someone there to race.