General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

18+GT=THIS

Old 03-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 18+GT=THIS

A little story I know was true to help you with your crown vic thing:
2 cars. MazdaSpeed6 and BMW 325i.Street Racing at night on the highway. Caught doing about 85mph/90mph. I was watching them.Cop car (crown vic chases them).Cop is toasted by these slow cars as they make a run for it. Crown Vic I would say didn't top 120mph and hewas chasing them.He didn't give up either. Cars got away and hid for the night. 2 guys driving the cars said they hit 120mph and wouldn't go faster on that road, which I can believe in BMW's doing and the turbo mazda. These cars are low 14's stock and slower(both were stock),if they canout run a crown vic hitting 120mph tops, I doubt that the crown vic can go over that or he would of caught them. Just my 2 cents from experience.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
burnout2003

I was with my friend once in is Eagle Talon (DSM) TSI AWD, and we left a gas station right in town and he wanted to show me what his car can do so he did a first gear pull, i was amazed, then a second gear one, and i said it was chill he can go slow down now, but he had to show off and do it in 3rd gear so now we were doing about 110 in a 35 right on a main road. Next thing we look in the rear view and see flashing light. He romped his car after that just enough so we can barley see him. then he shut off his car hid in a parkinng light. that **** was bugging me out, i Have to admit it was sick though
Old 03-27-2008, 06:50 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

i laughed at the guy saying a CV can do 160+

so a heavier, less areodynamic vehicle then a mustang, with the same horsepower, can go faster? stock GT's with a tune to remove the limiter can hit 145. allright, throw on a CAI and catback for fun. 150ish, tops. so now how is a vic going to go faster? they dont give them full exhaust, headers, intakes, heads, any of that. they give them coolers, suspension, 3.55's, and WEIGHT
Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rezarxt

Okay try to outrun one lol. I justcalled my father whos been a cop for 28 or soyears. Currently hes chief of police of a department of about 100. In baltimore however, he worked his way up from patrol tocaptain of swat team to major. He said he doesnt know the top speed but know theyve been over 150 before.
Well son, there are 2 possible scenarios here:
1. Daddy has been lying to you and just wants to tell you this and everyone else because he has insecurities andis a wannabe badass.
Or
2. Daddy's been modding the cop cars bystealing money from the town's taxes for better tires/performance mods orbeen putting his own money into moddingthese cars.

Which is it?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:33 PM
bacon57
3rd Gear Member

Maybe cops tell people their cars are faster than they really are to discourage people running. A Crown Vic is actually a really slow car, and the new Chargers they use have a V6 and aren't much better
Old 03-27-2008, 07:39 PM
03PoneyGT

Yeah, I'm dumb too.. As I go to get on the parkway right out of the toll booth someone in a 3.5 maxima decides to go on the sholder to get in front of me, so of course I had to pass him back, and what is it that I see right after I get back in the left lane? Yep a cop... He pulls me over gives me 3 sitations for one, speeding 98 in a 65, wreckless driving, improper lane change, and not having my regestration with me.

Heres the best one, EXTREME dumbness of me, I'm on my way home from shopping and I'm going about 50 in a 35, and as I turn a corner in the woods hiding is a Darango cop... I decide not to pull over and b4 he can pull out, I turn left, than right, than left, and as I turn a corner I slide into a plastic forsale sign, and 4 people standing outside yell out my plate info... soon after I pull over and wait for the police to show knowing im f'd. One crownvic pulls up blocks me in the front, 30 seconds later the original Dango shows up blocks the back, 4 other cars come and block some more, I wasn't going anywere but after what I did I can't blame them.It was indeed, the DUMBEST thing I've ever done, and yeah for those that want to tell me it was dumb and im retarded, save it I hear it everyday from my frineds and family.But ask why run? After seeing a trooper on the freeway at 1am doing 120 I felt it was better to floor it being that crown vics are slow and only have I believe a special suspension and trans... worked b4 but not that last time. Now I keep it at the limit and only play on the drag stip, been ticket free for a year!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: rezarxt

Okay try to outrun one lol. I justcalled my father whos been a cop for 28 or soyears. Currently hes chief of police of a department of about 100. In baltimore however, he worked his way up from patrol tocaptain of swat team to major. He said he doesnt know the top speed but know theyve been over 150 before.
Well son, there are 2 possible scenarios here:
1. Daddy has been lying to you and just wants to tell you this and everyone else because he has insecurities andis a wannabe badass.
Or
2. Daddy's been modding the cop cars bystealing money from the town's taxes for better tires/performance mods orbeen putting his own money into moddingthese cars.

Which is it?
lmao That has to be the best thing I read all day. This has gotten way out of hand. I think it is clear that Crown Vics are not going to touch any real racers out there in a straight up chase, unless the racer can't drive, because cops do get some good driving training as part of their course. Other than that, Crown Vics are not ideal cars to race in general. They are 4 door sedans with a longer wheelbase, and worse handling than a Mustang. Then the police department adds computers, radios/PA, sometimes a cage in the back seat or over back window, reinforced doors/windows, push bars, light bars, sirens, roadside kits in the trunk, sometimes firearms, a dog. By the time your done, the car probably weighs another 750 pounds. A mildly modded taxi cab with a good driver could eat one on the street. Then, on top of this they are all fleet maintained. I live in a small town that doesn't even have it's own dept. We have resident troopers, and they all take their cars to the same locations as all the other cops for maintenance. Let me tell you. The mechanics working there are there for 1 reason. To service the car and put it back on the street as fast as possible. They don't give a $hit what else is wrong with it. A lot of times, Crown Vics go untuned and running horribly for up to 20K miles or until the next full tune up. I used to know a cop who tuned his own cruiser back in the 80's when he was young and actually cared about his vehicles.

Search this Thread