General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

buying a GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:06 PM
mrbigjeep

Default RE: buying a GT

thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 03:20 AM
STLDave

looks sharp man
i dont know how you guys could ever drive jeeps, i test drove one and after about 30 sec i turned it around lol
Old 05-26-2008, 04:58 AM
str8wick3d
3rd Gear Member

I noticed you mention a STI, if your in that price range dont bother with a 04 GT.... you could get a low mileage 05gt now adays for 16k. and the STi's are still in 03/04 cobra range. but I would rather have an STi
Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
mrbigjeep

in that case i would take a cobra...but all i found was hatchback sti's (or wrx's)

oh, and the cheapest new body style gt i found was 19,000 and i was on a 17,000 budget so i still would be short even if i knocked them down a thousand
Old 05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
hi_tek_rednek
2nd Gear Member

i am also a former jeep owner. mine was a '81 cj7 with a sbc,1 tons,42" irocs,full cage and alot of my own sweat and blood. but only getting 6mpg sucked. it was my d/d. i traded for an '89 gt full drag car. with alot of extras. and since i bought my wife a mini cooper, i get the dodge pickup back as my d/d. good luck with the stang. you'll like it alot better than the heep.

will...
Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 AM
mrbigjeep

thanks...and i finally get to drive it...goin out in a few minutes. (just got it insured)
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Silent_Rein

looks good
gas milage is terrible in jeeps, so im sure you'll love the gt
Old 05-27-2008, 02:04 PM
1990NOS!
2nd Gear Member

just be glad you didn't get the STI... a couple of my buddies have them, and they always complain of insurance, pricey mods, and gas "here and there"... My old roommate brought hs STI in 2006 new- $37k.... i told him he was crazy.... and began to talk smack (which is what we always to do to each other)- He spent almost 40g's on a 300hp awd car, i spent roughly 16g's for everything in a fox mustang,,,, and i smoked him everytime track and street- even after he did meth, exhaust, intake, and a tune.
IMO- the STI is a waste unless you use them for what they're made for.
As for your newaddition... kinda pricey, good miles...You'll enjoy it. Like ppl are sayin, just keep your foot out of it, shift @ or below 2000 and gas mileage will be great for a sports car....

Any mods in mind?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:36 PM
mrbigjeep

yeah im sure gas will be better. anyway, i got to drive it and i LOVE it. maybe i am a sports car guy after all (has to be v8 ). i couldn't help but taking it up to three and four thousand several times. but i'll start shifting around 2,000 rpm's for better gas mileage...btw, the first owner had the lumbar thing waay out and it was soo uncomfortable but deflated it with the switch and now its very comfortable. i don't regret my choice at all. i love driving it!

as far as mods imay eventually get ashort throw shifter, exhaust, window tint, and maybe a CAI...just to start things off. i would like to lower it but doubt i will because of all the huge bumps to go up around here. i may get udp's and gears eventually. but for now i love it the way it is!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Good to hear you're likin the Stang[8D]

Like I said earler, one of the big things I miss about the Jeep is the high seating position,, nice to be able to see over the roofs of the cars around you

Quick Reply: buying a GT