General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

whats wrong...bucking/hesitation!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:04 AM
aftershock00
1st Gear Member

Default RE: whats wrong...bucking/hesitation!?

With my new stang, ive only put a treatment or two of lucas or marvel...havent had it that long.

Now, on the way home from school last night at 10pm it seemed good. THen this girl and her friend wanted to meet up. While driving around (after filling up the tank with super gas) it started that hesitation crap again. I was in fifth gear and it felt like we were hitting bumps because it was so jerky. WTF!?!! maybe it WAS just a fluke and the cleaner just temporarily fixed the problem? Im leaving work in a few minutes. Ill see how it does today running on fuel without any crap added. Hopefully everything is smooth.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:30 AM
pichinco
2nd Gear Member

Still think it could be your MAF. The cleaner could have "enriched" the fuel enough to make it seem smoother. Try disconnecting the MAF and running it for a while. It will act really weird at low RPM's, but it may clear up what your having otherwise. If it does, replace it.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: babygurl2000

your attitude come with the purchase of that civic by any chance?

lmao
Babygurl, STFU! You DON'T know what you're talking about....so what if he is a NOOB.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:09 AM
aftershock00
1st Gear Member

im a little confused about what that post was about but anyways. Just to clear things up, im not a complete mechanical airhead, its just that cars arent my forte...motocross is. just to clear that up.

we just put another 3 cans of that stuff into half a tank. Ill run it tomorow and see how it works and then see how it works when its back on straight gas. If that doesnt work (which i think it is working) ill try unplugging the MAF as suggested. thanks
Old 05-04-2005, 05:56 PM
aftershock00
1st Gear Member

well after that tank with the 3 cans, i put regular gas in and it ran well. It is about 95% gone. After running that tank my friend put another final 3 cans into an almost full tank. This should fix it 100% and even if it doesnt, i can live with the rare hesitation. Im going to check my plugs after this tank. thanks for all the help. btw, i beat my friend with a 94 mustang 5.0 with a chip. HE got me off the line but once i banged second, i pulled past him. I LOVE MY MUSTANG!!! Now, if i could handle those ricers id be set
Old 05-22-2005, 11:20 PM
aftershock00
1st Gear Member

ok well it turns out my problem isnt fixed. It became bad again. It set off a code (finally) and it was "misfire in cylinder 1". We changed the plug and that didnt work. I swopped injectors with my friends 96 gt and that didnt work. Blew 130 bucks on a coil hoping it would work and that didnt work. What else could it be?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!??! This is so frustrating. Plus add the fact, that it doesnt do it when the car sits overnight until i drive it for like 20 minutes. ANy help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. thanks
Old 05-23-2005, 12:58 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

could be your flywheel .....You have to cut it when you change the clutch you cant sand it its probably all screwed up now!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:28 PM
aftershock00
1st Gear Member

yeah, but what would that have to do with a misfire in cylinder 1? Im bringing it to my friends shop on wednesday to have some serious diagnostics done. Hopefully thatll help. And yeah, i know im supposed ot get it cut, but we were in a jam so we smoothed it out the best we could.