General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Your Ideas Body & Paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
West Coast Auto Craf

Default Your Ideas Body & Paint

I want to thank everyone for the reception your forum. I own and operate a restoration shop in Sacramento that specializes in Body and Paint as well as blasting and fabrication. I belong to a few other forums and I run threads helping answer Auto Body & Paint questions. I think I will try that here and see how it goes.

I would like to get your guys ides as to what I should cover.

Thanks for your support.

Chris @ West Coast Auto Craft

www.westcoastautocraft.com
Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
West Coast Auto Craf

Default RE: Your Ideas Body & Paint

Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Your Ideas Body & Paint

Ok Chris. Tell me this, if I were to paint my car a PPG Molten Bronze or something similar color and quality, paid a shop to do the prep work and use a saleen body kit instead of stock parts (IE Front and rear bumper, side skirts) and also had a shop realign the doors, hood and do a full paint job. Assuming I have no body work to be done like dents or rust. What should I be paying for that? Not for the price of the body kit. I will purchase that myself. Also, in your opinion. With a burnt orange or molten bronze paint, for the mustang, what brand is the best quality of paint? I do not want to spend 10k on a paint job, but I want to have a good near show quality job done. I was hoping 4k was enough. I may have to do some of the basic prep work to get to that. Also, who knows, maybe I will drive the 5 hours from eureka tocome to you guys,I don't know if I trust any of the local shops to paint my car. The sad part is, Igo to church withthe owners of two different paint shops and dont really trust eithers quality!Thanks!