General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dent repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:31 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Dent repair

That is a pretty bad dent, I think getting a new fender is the way to go. If you can get behind it it may be able to be hammered out, but it would take a person with some skills. I am thinking to get a new fender and have painted,cleared and color sanded and buffed would run you about $350-450, I would not do it for less. Painting anything takes a ton of prep work and then you have to deal with the disposal of unused paint and cleaning materials, it's a pain in the butt.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:05 PM
nathanoj

To buy a new fender and paint is fine if you dont mind a difference in Paint Shade. Your car is faded from when original. To take the paint code and mix and apply WILL lead to a noticeable difference when mounted next to your door , hood, and bumper, due to fading, aging, and variations in LOT # (paint is mixed in large quantities, but no 2 LOT's are exactly alike.) To get the best results, a reputable shop will have to charge you to blend the new basecoat onto the adjacent panels, and then clearcoat the adjacent panels entirely, leading to an unnecessary expense. Any good bodyman will be able to repair your fender, thus allowing for the room to blend the basecoat out towards the edge of your fender. The price for a reputable shop to repair the damage should run you 250-350 bills, and shouldnt take more than 2-3 days. The above mentioned price is only based on bodyshop prices in the SE.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:31 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

to make it look better, put a REALLY hot woman right next to it. in a bikini.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Sergey
1st Gear Member

i was gonna get it repainted anyway,so it doesn't matter to me what the paint will look like afterwards,i'm trying to paint it black metalic,what do you all think?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:34 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

well you should paint it whatever color you like best. IMO metal flake does not look good in black, it takes somthing away from the depth you get with a good black paint job. Remember any car that is black had better have perfect body work.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Sergey
1st Gear Member

what is the color on that camaro?is it black or black metalic?
Old 05-13-2005, 09:13 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sergey

i was gonna get it repainted anyway,so it doesn't matter to me what the paint will look like afterwards,i'm trying to paint it black metalic,what do you all think?
not 100% sure on this but if you change the colour of the car, it will cost alot more than staying with the same colour because there is more work involved.
atleast that is what a paint shop told me.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:18 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

what is the color on that camaro?is it black or black metalic?
My car is plain old black, I try to keep it as clean as possible but with a black car that is nearly impossible.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Sergey
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2003bluestang

not 100% sure on this but if you change the colour of the car, it will cost alot more than staying with the same colour because there is more work involved.
atleast that is what a paint shop told me.

do you know what kind of work?and how much more expensive?
it's just that i prefer black over green and that new paint would hide all those scratches and dents and stuff that this car been getting all those 10 years
Old 05-15-2005, 12:13 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

cheaper to get a new fender somewhere. Looks like it might have a crease or two in it, like everyone else said I don't think you can just pop that and go...
doesnt look too bad...but its gunna be gay cuz ull hafta repaint the whole car...good luck

Quick Reply: Dent repair