General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
MuStAnG4eVeR

Default RE: How much??

Yeah, I guess you guys and gals are right. A v6 probably would be the best bet..I can save racing for later..whats the best v6 mustang I can get for under 5,000..meaning model and year.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:46 PM
MuStAnG4eVeR

Another question. How fast can the v6 run a 1/4?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

well my 2003 3.8 will run it in 16 seconds, not much done to it, exhaust and intake. so i'd say that if you get a older style you will be about the same. maybe a tad slower. they didnt have as much power then. hope that helps. good luck with what ever you get
Old 05-19-2005, 12:45 AM
crazycass_03
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MuStAnG4eVeR

Yeah, I guess you guys and gals are right. A v6 probably would be the best bet..I can save racing for later..whats the best v6 mustang I can get for under 5,000..meaning model and year.
you can possibly find a 97 for under 5k it just depends on condition and mileage. Why would you want to race when you first get your liscense? You want to lose it right away? A couple good sites to look for cars are www.autotrader.com and www.cars.com
Good Luck!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:47 PM
MuStAnG4eVeR

ORIGINAL: crazycass_03

you can possibly find a 97 for under 5k it just depends on condition and mileage. Why would you want to race when you first get your liscense? You want to lose it right away? A couple good sites to look for cars are www.autotrader.com and www.cars.com
Good Luck!
Well, crazycass, to answer your question on why I want to race...
The cops in my town are lazy mothers...they barely do anything...I highly doubt I would get caught...but there is always that chance...but thats the thrill of life, ya kknow?
Old 05-21-2005, 04:27 PM
capin

The cops in my town are lazy mothers...they barely do anything...I highly doubt I would get caught...but there is always that chance...but thats the thrill of life, ya kknow?

EXACTLY!!! Live life to the fullest, don't be a puss.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:36 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

hey i bought a 99 v6 coupe in perfect condition for 5300 back in october last year. insurance is 154 a month for liability and comprehension. i bag groceries at a grocery store 4 days a week and can easily afford mods, gas, and insurance... if you go with a v6 get a 99+ (they are stock rated at 50 more hp than 94-97, 98... its like 45 more).
Old 05-21-2005, 08:52 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

the only reason they are rated higher is intake i think doesnt take much to get the 95-97 to run with the newer stangs the older models are prolly a bit cheaper to buy too
Old 05-21-2005, 10:03 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

cam is different too.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:24 PM
crazycass_03
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crazycass_03

Good Luck!
Well Good luck with that...Hopefully the cops are as lazy as you say they are. I like racing but only on the track...just if your gonna do it on the street please be careful there are other people out there besides you.