General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 10:26 PM
MuStAnG4eVeR

Default RE: How much??

ORIGINAL: crazycass_03

ORIGINAL: MuStAnG4eVeR

ORIGINAL: MuStAnG4eVeR

Yeah, I guess you guys and gals are right. A v6 probably would be the best bet..I can save racing for later..whats the best v6 mustang I can get for under 5,000..meaning model and year.
you can possibly find a 97 for under 5k it just depends on condition and mileage. Why would you want to race when you first get your liscense? You want to lose it right away? A couple good sites to look for cars are www.autotrader.com and www.cars.com
Good Luck!
Well, crazycass, to answer your question on why I want to race...
The cops in my town are lazy mothers...they barely do anything...I highly doubt I would get caught...but there is always that chance...but thats the thrill of life, ya kknow?
Well Good luck with that...Hopefully the cops are as lazy as you say they are. I like racing but only on the track...just if your gonna do it on the street please be careful there are other people out there besides you.
Yes, Crazycass, when we race we take precautions...we know if someone gets hurt, it should and will only be the people taking the risk.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:40 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Well expect to pay a nice amount for a 5.0 in decent condition. The value deffinatly rose since the 05's came out. My boyfriend has been offerend 10k and 12k for his 93 convertible with a 5.0. I would say at 16 your best bet not only so you don't get into trouble is to get a v6. They are cheaper, better on gas and look at it this way when your a little older you can either trade it in for a better one or just work on modding it now.
If he got offered that I'd sell it thats more than it cost new in 92!My friend bought an lx off the floor in 92 for 11,800 that might have cost more being a convertable,I'd sell
Old 05-22-2005, 05:06 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

unless it is modded, you will never get your money back after modding... although with inflation--- but still, it is a love for the car- i wouldnt sell my car for just over what i paid for it unless it covered my mod expenses and the cost of a new gt...
Old 05-23-2005, 05:29 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

i would get a Fox stang. i prefer 86-93. since your 16 you are to young to have the car put in your name. it would have to be in your parents. since its in your parents just have them insure it and have you as a driver. you wont be paying alot for insurance that way.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:32 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

if u get a v6, get a 99+ cuz the 94-98's are slow and ull be losing to even cavaliers with that.