General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help deciding on which Mustang!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Bank

Default Need help deciding on which Mustang!!

Ok so...I have finally the opportunity now to purchase a Mustang. Which Mustang would you guys choose if you had the opportunity...a 03-04 Cobra or a 05-07 Saleen S281 S/C? I have a list of basic pros and cons of each car, but I still cannot come to a decision. I would test drive them both, but there doesn't seem to be any S281's in my area...Thanks for the help.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
_Slowbra_
2nd Gear Member

dude...with my vote, Ive got to go with the Terminator.

a Cobra gets instant respect from damn near everyone, and I'm yet to find another car (other than a Z06 and Viper) that get the "open mouth stare" when you drive by. but i have honestly never driven a newer Saleen, but the New Edge ones were def. not as much fun as the Cobra. I was shopping around for a new car and it came down to my Cobra and a (if i remember correctly) a red 1999 Slaeen s-281 SC,and when i drove each of them, for me the right choice was the Cobra.

What you need to do is sit behind the wheel of each and then feel each one out, then it'll hit you in the head like a hammer....
Old 10-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Bank

Originally Posted by _Slowbra_
dude...with my vote, Ive got to go with the Terminator.

a Cobra gets instant respect from damn near everyone, and I'm yet to find another car (other than a Z06 and Viper) that get the "open mouth stare" when you drive by. but i have honestly never driven a newer Saleen, but the New Edge ones were def. not as much fun as the Cobra. I was shopping around for a new car and it came down to my Cobra and a (if i remember correctly) a red 1999 Slaeen s-281 SC,and when i drove each of them, for me the right choice was the Cobra.

What you need to do is sit behind the wheel of each and then feel each one out, then it'll hit you in the head like a hammer....
I so want to...but there really isn't any S281's in my area...they're all 1000 miles away. Same with terminators LOL. Damn them for being so rare!