General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP with my doors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
mach1racer

Default HELP with my doors!!!

hay guys,

i just bought a 96 mustang v6 and it has no doors. i bought some doors today, but there power and i dont think my car is, it dosent have cruze cont or power seats. i was told by a guy at the ford dealership that power doors would go right in with no problem cuz all mustangs have the same wireing harness. but now im not finding any hook up for the power stuff??? is what this guy told me true or am i just not finding these things????????

any help will be helpfull!

thanks ~April ~
Old 05-26-2005, 08:34 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP with my doors!!!

well if there is no power for the doors then you don't have power doors...bring the doors back and get manual ones...
Old 05-26-2005, 02:13 PM
mach1racer

A guy at the Ford dealership told me that all 94-98 Mustangs had the same general wiring harness for power accessories. I just cant find the black connection on the drivers side and the grey connection on the passenger side. I heard something that it is burried somewhere or maybe I have to splice some wires, I really dont know which it is, I searched for it but couldnt find it. If I need to splice wires then does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram online?

Thanks again.

~Mach 1 Racer~
Old 05-26-2005, 03:45 PM
nathanoj

I believe that all mustang door are power. All mustangs that year had power windows so... The car had no doors on when purchased so the person(s) that removed the doors probably cut the wiring harness to make it easier. Remove the kick panel and look for haress there.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:20 PM
C/Note
I ♥ Acer

96 without power windows...????odd
Old 05-27-2005, 03:24 AM
mach1racer

There are a few V6's out there that did not have power windows or power locks, I saw a post on the internet about someone having a 96' GTS (Thought they were only for 95) and they said that there was no power windows or locks on them like the most base model V6 of that year.

Another thing, I cant find any cut wires back there, my fiance has a 95' V6 with power everything and we are using his as a diagram and the two connections (Black one and grey one) are together then go into one large group of wires. He also just got the whole wiring harness from work today off a 96' V6 with all power (only paid $5 bux ) and its the same as his 95' but still we cant find anything similar on my 96. If we cant find something out soon then he is just going to put the whole new wiring harness in. Thing is that he didnt get the ECU with it because it was an auto car and mine is a manual and it wouldnt be compatable, but what im thinking is that maybe the ECU has something to do with controlling the windows too, which I hope isnt the case and if it is its standard on all ECU's.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a complete online wiring diagram for my Mustang I would really like to have that link.

Thanks again.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:59 AM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

the car is made for the doors, wether directly or indirectly, u may not find the harness, you will need to find a diagram for your car, and find out what fuse it is for the doors and windows and trace the wiring should find it then