General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I'm ranting sory i need to

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm ranting sory i need to

ORIGINAL: paniro187
why don't people do anything to their suspension do people just not care about going around corners or making your car handle well. Drag racing is boring to be honest.
Wanna know why? Because you can pull up to your friends in a bone stock 86 Mustang LX with a 4 cylinder non-turbo, and after a v8 swap, get tons of attention. If you take the same car and leave the 4 box in, only to redo the complete suspension, it wont have as great an impact on people, OR the performance of the car as a whole. After racing, people want to see whats under the hood. They dont say, "no man, leave the hood closed. Can I climb under your car?"

Drag racing boring? In today's age of the short attention span, it's perfect. You can watch the whole race, both cars, all the way down the track and compare results. You watch a road race and you see one corner of the race with all the cars going by one by one or you see bits and pieces here and there. You miss stuff. It's long. Yeah, if you're into it, it's great. Just like if you we're into sewing, the new Singer B5000 would be great....I dont care if it does have triple stitch, no interest, dont care = boring. Just curious though, ever been to a nationally sponsored drag race?
Old 05-29-2005, 03:14 PM
paniro187
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Magiarn71

why don't people do anything to their suspension do people just not care about going around corners or making your car handle well. Drag racing is boring to be honest.
Wanna know why? Because you can pull up to your friends in a bone stock 86 Mustang LX with a 4 cylinder non-turbo, and after a v8 swap, get tons of attention. If you take the same car and leave the 4 box in, only to redo the complete suspension, it wont have as great an impact on people, OR the performance of the car as a whole. After racing, people want to see whats under the hood. They dont say, "no man, leave the hood closed. Can I climb under your car?"

Drag racing boring? In today's age of the short attention span, it's perfect. You can watch the whole race, both cars, all the way down the track and compare results. You watch a road race and you see one corner of the race with all the cars going by one by one or you see bits and pieces here and there. You miss stuff. It's long. Yeah, if you're into it, it's great. Just like if you we're into sewing, the new Singer B5000 would be great....I dont care if it does have triple stitch, no interest, dont care = boring. Just curious though, ever been to a nationally sponsored drag race?
so youi're into cars to impress other people?? I feel sorry for you man. I fix up cars and race motrocycle cause I lvoe to do it not cause i'm a attention *****. (no offense) but I don't like to pose.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:16 PM
paniro187
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I'm ranting sorry i need to

ORIGINAL: SupraMan

...why don't people do anything to their suspension do people just not care about going around corners or making your car handle well. Drag racing is boring to be honest. try taking corners or having a very well handling car rather than throwing a whole bunch of money at the engine only…
…That takes no skill. take as corner at 100+ that will raise the hair on your back more than firing straight down a lane...
Well I used to ba a HUGE fan of motorcycle road racing & used to be obsessed with racing my bike up in the twisty mountain roads. There is no form of racing that takes more skills that working a bike through twisties (except maybe dirbike racing, but I would not know for sure because I never raced dirt bikes). To me there is nothing that takes more skills than working a high powered machine through technical coarses/roads with decreasing radius turns, series of tight turns, turns on an incline or decline (a challenge because going up or down suddenly through a turn affects how a machine's suspension works).
Supra man if you like motorcycle road racing you're going to love me cause i'm a amatuer in the cmra.

see in road racing you can have all the engine in the world and if your suspension is **** you'll lose. Just like when i race motorcyles, there's guys that have alot more hp than i do but i'm faster than simply because they haven't done suspension work to makes their bikes handle good. same with cars on a road race track if your suspension is **** you're not going to go fast.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

so youi're into cars to impress other people?? I feel sorry for you man. I fix up cars and race motrocycle cause I lvoe to do it not cause i'm a attention *****. (no offense) but I don't like to pose.
Did I say that? Nope. My car doesnt impress anyone, least of all me! lol (not finished). I dont care about that. In actuality everybody says its great, but I think its a complete pile; doesnt matter to me. But I say a win is impressive, but people dont come over afterwards to look at YOU. They want to see what you have, whether you're an attention ***** poser or not. Besides you were asking why PEOPLE do that. Not YOU. I told you why PEOPLE would do that, not me or you specifically. It's just like the kids who do pipes and stickers and neither engine or susp. I'm sure theyre not doing it because they like the look, but DONT want any attention....

So when someone comes over to look at your mods, you'd say "no way man, it's not about that...."
Old 05-29-2005, 11:49 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

you want to impress people than use the 2.3 tubro...we have one here in the low 12's now ..spanks alot of people
Old 05-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

You know what, I bought an 88 TC with the 2.3T, like the SVO's, intending to use that to put the 5.0 into. After driving it, I decided to keep the 2.3T in it and modify it because it had just as much hp and only 70 lbs less tq than my gmc 350 lol. Impressive.