General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are mustang body kits unethical?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:53 PM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

So you're saying that a chin spoiler, rocker molding, front/rear roush fascias, ducktail spoiler, hood scoop, rear window louvers, new exhaust kit, and racing stripes, however they may not make the mustang go faster, I still think they look cool as hell. I would like to make my pony louder, and I would like to put new tires/rims on it. I think that the GT is a powerful enough car to get those kind of supercar mods and still not be a poser. However, i'm not saying that i'm not going to put any engine mods onto it, but I was considering buying the body kit first.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I think it's your car myself, do what you want. I have a lot of show plans for my car, just went the other way first. My car will definitely have some body stuff done to it.

And BTW, I'm a huge fan of the Roush body kit
Old 12-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Fobra
Banned

Do what you want its your car... and if somebody says something.... just kick his ***.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:39 PM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

Originally Posted by Fobra
Do what you want its your car... and if somebody says something.... just kick his ***.
Lmao amen to that bro...
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
cshields325

I don't think they're unethical. Some of them look cool, some of them definitely don't. in my opinion i'd put more into the car and motor before you throw on a supercar bodykit. but i like to go fast and thats what i like to spend my money on
Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilasMustangGT2007Red
So you're saying that a chin spoiler, rocker molding, front/rear roush fascias, ducktail spoiler, hood scoop, rear window louvers, new exhaust kit, and racing stripes, however they may not make the mustang go faster, I still think they look cool as hell. I would like to make my pony louder, and I would like to put new tires/rims on it. I think that the GT is a powerful enough car to get those kind of supercar mods and still not be a poser. However, i'm not saying that i'm not going to put any engine mods onto it, but I was considering buying the body kit first.
Yep to each their own I guess. Personally I'd recommend you do the engine mods first.

.. what's more fun? A car that looks fast as hell, or a car that IS fast as hell but looks stock? Who do you want to impress? The guy standing on the sidewalk or yourself behind the wheel?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GreyStang
Yep to each their own I guess. Personally I'd recommend you do the engine mods first.

.. what's more fun? A car that looks fast as hell, or a car that IS fast as hell but looks stock? Who do you want to impress? The guy standing on the sidewalk or yourself behind the wheel?
What if you enjoy something that's fast as hell AND looks fast as hell? Just saying...
Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 AM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

My question is what to do first?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:11 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I'd do the front faschia since it still looks good with everything else stock.

This is what I'm going to do, most of it at one time...

Old 12-23-2008, 04:28 AM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

No I meant body or engine?

Quick Reply: Are mustang body kits unethical?