General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Guys, Please be careful!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Whos more irresponsible, his parents or him?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

His parents I'd say, a young teenage boy with a Hayabusa doesn't know any better and is going to act like a young teenage boy with a Hayabusa, his parents should have known better though and been more responsible.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire

Whos more irresponsible, his parents or him?
Parents and him both equal...

Parents should put his **** in a drving school at least.

Him for gunning a damn cow bike(Busas SUCK AT TURNS!) he must seen a silly movie thinking a busa can take a sharp corner under hard accle.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

squid. stupid people on motorcycles don't last long. even when you do everything right on a bike your still a target by some idiot in a car.

hard to feel sorry for him if he was bieng THAT stupid. if he lost half his teeth he obviously didnt have a full face helmet on. i doubt he was wearing any real gear. hope he recovers but he was too irresponsible to ride.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
exdirtracer

Default deserves it?

Love that one like none of us ever did anything stupid when we were younger, and only dumbass luck saved the day. Ya, have had three sport bikes and both crashes were idiots in cars.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67mustang302
His parents I'd say, a young teenage boy with a Hayabusa doesn't know any better and is going to act like a young teenage boy with a Hayabusa, his parents should have known better though and been more responsible.
This, and his parents were trying to get everything up before the cops showed up....they were more afraid of him getting in trouble over not having his motorcycle license than they were about him being hurt so bad. bad parents. I would have gotten him a Ninja 250 so he couldn't go that fast. Small bike and would be much easier to handle than that busa.

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
squid. stupid people on motorcycles don't last long. even when you do everything right on a bike your still a target by some idiot in a car.

hard to feel sorry for him if he was bieng THAT stupid. if he lost half his teeth he obviously didnt have a full face helmet on. i doubt he was wearing any real gear. hope he recovers but he was too irresponsible to ride.
No helmet, he is lucky he is alive...He didn't have any gear, he is lucky he was thrown into the field and not back onto the road.

Last edited by MustangLouver; 08-14-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I put 85% blame on the parents. The kid is at fault too (15%) but he's young & stupid, probably doesn't listen to advice, & thinks grownups make up rules just to reduce his fun.. I hope he's having fun in his hospital bed now..

Do you think the news of this accident will have any effect on other teenagers who currently are wanting a 'Busa of their own? Hell no! "That won't happen to me" is what the kids will be saying..
Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Its always sad to hear when something like this happens. He was incredibly lucky to have survived and will hopefully use this as a learning opportunity. I always watch out for sport bikes when I'm out driving because I frequently see them riding recklessly. The other day I saw a cbr come up in the right hand lane doing about 75mph and get about 4 feet behind the bumper of the car in front of him going around 65mph. He stayed there up until the moment he had an opening to pass them. About two or three weeks ago I was sitting waiting for an opening to pull out of my church's parking lot (4 lane road and I needed to go the opposite direction so I had to cross two lanes of heavy traffic plus there are lots of drives from local businesses) when a guy on a zx-6r popped over the hill doing about 65-70 in a 40. A cop caught up to him at the next light and pulled him over. The point Im trying to make is I think we also have a duty as drivers to watch out for motorcyclists. Is it the person in the cars fault if the motorcycle is speeding? Maybe not... But I think we should all try to prevent as many accidents/injuries/deaths as possible. Please be careful and stay alert. -David
Old 08-14-2009, 06:34 PM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

So sad. Hope he recovers completely and counts his blessings. As for the parents, kinda reminds me of the brand new mustang the dad bought and let his teenage son get behind the wheel and drive thru the garage.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:16 PM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

A friend of mine that I grew up skiing with, broke his neck and back.He was going 70 in a 35 and a Bronco pulled out in front of him.He was on a Katana 1100

This was few years ago now.At the time I was working in the rehab he was in, so I helped him to get food and around in the hospital.

It stinks he's a quad now,so he'll never walk again. I love bikes but it pretty much scared me away from them,even though it was self inflicted.

Quick Reply: Guys, Please be careful!