General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

COOLING PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 09:16 PM
3stangs
2nd Gear Member

Default COOLING PROBLEM

Ok here is my problem.
A month back my waterpump started leaking. The waterpump was only a year old. Well needles to say I replaced it. Now my heatercore is busted and i'll be replacing it soon to. I've noticed a brown milky look in my radiator and that bothers me. My car is a 94 GT 5.0 with 410 gears also a closer ratio in tranny gears and no block mods.As far as I can tell it has no oil leaks but it does lose oil somehow. It doesn't smoke or nock and it idles smooth.The motor seams strong but runs a little warm I guess.
I thought it could be a blown head (god I hope not) since I've only owned it for three months. I would hate to haft to sink cash into it so soon. I checked the oil and it is clear , no water in the oil. So what could it be?

[IMG]local://upfiles/18995/A0FE1DAA3EF54B08A281853A5E2D73F4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-10-2005, 12:22 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: COOLING PROBLEM

To me it sounds like you have rust scale an debris in your water. To solve this just go to Wal-Mart and buy some Prestone radiator flush that has the Rust Scale remover and flush your system a couple times, like 2 or 3 bottles in two or three separate uses. After that I would concider replacing the radiator with a nice aluminum one (About a $250 cost up) because your old one probably has ALOT of crap stuck in the bottom of the rows. Then stick the new heater core in, change the thermostat and replace your rad hoses just for the hell of it to make it look nicer (Colored or black) then fill her back up with distilled water (Very important because it leaves no sediment or deposits) and dont forget the coolant. Make sure that the radiator doesnt have the lame plastic caps, those just suck. From there you can have the system burped which means it gets all the air bubbles trapped in the system out, you have to go to a shop for that. Im not sure how it works on a 302 but I know it helps 4.6L engines sometimes.

Your cooling system will be pretty much brand new with no scale or debris floating around and you should run pretty damn cool now

-Eric-
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
mmoto68

Default RE: COOLING PROBLEM

Your heater core busted?

I bet it's corroded, same with the waterpump. If you have the orig radiator, I bet it won't be long before u need a new one also.