General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 PM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

Default wheel alignment

Hey guys,

Yesterday I got greedy doing some drifts in my '05 mustang in the rain and smoked a curb (yes, I feel like a moron). I didn't go over the curb, but it still blew the tire and screwed up the rim. The wheel that hit it is now turned left compared to the other front wheel. I'm hoping this is just an alignment problem, and if so, can anybody tell me how to turn the wheel back just enough so that I can putt around town until I can get my car into the wheel shop (more than a week away)? I checked everything that I could see and nothing looks bent in the suspension, so is there anything else that could be causing this besides the alignment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx.

~orion6g

Old 07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
punishercb
1st Gear Member

Default RE: wheel alignment

Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that but what were you thinking!!? I guess you could try messing with the tie rod end but it sounds like you jacked it real good. Is it stuck in that position or will it move freely?
Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 AM
NeFiLiM
2nd Gear Member

i hit a curb bent the rim inner tie rod was broke sucked b alls
Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

If it's out far enough that you can see it somethings probably bent.Has the alignment shop seen your handiwork yet?Treat this like you would a crash,that's what it was.You had better let them see it so that they can order in the parts or you can be down a lot longer than a week.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

How did you hit with the front rim??That takes talent,Congrats man!Most likely you bent the tie rod,which in turn will have to be replaced.You know mustang arent for drifting you might have bought the wrong car
Old 07-21-2005, 04:40 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I can't resist this...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, drifter!!

You and your new stang are in need of some straightening out if you're drifting in a stang.
However if by drifitng you mean donuts, I take back all my insults and i'm sorry. But if you were really drifting, hahahahaha. Take it to pep boys.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

I have done this type of crap before also.... usually BEER is whispering in my ear, "go ahead and try to take the corner at 40 miles an hour, you'll stick" (yes, i blame the brew), anyway, i have learned my lesson. Pay to get it fixed, then learn the lesson. Doesnt sound to good though.....good luck!!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: orion6g

Hey guys,

Yesterday I got greedy doing some drifts in my '05 mustang in the rain and smoked a curb (yes, I feel like a moron). I didn't go over the curb, but it still blew the tire and screwed up the rim. The wheel that hit it is now turned left compared to the other front wheel. I'm hoping this is just an alignment problem, and if so, can anybody tell me how to turn the wheel back just enough so that I can putt around town until I can get my car into the wheel shop (more than a week away)? I checked everything that I could see and nothing looks bent in the suspension, so is there anything else that could be causing this besides the alignment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx.

~orion6g

How severe is the turn-in/out? Sounds like you bent something. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean you didn't do it. Take it into an alignment shop and let them figure it out. Don't mention the curb check or they could try to rape you...financially that is.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys,

As soon as I mentioned new mustang to the alignment shop they snuck me in the same day. Other than the rim I bent the ball joint and the knuckle (he just had to reset the toe to turn the wheel back and it drives ok considering it has the spare on it right now). As for hitting the front rim, I tried to do too many drifts in a row and on the fourth one I spun the back end around, tried to turn it into a 360, and hit the curb while I was coming out of it. A couple more feet and I might have actually pulled it off. As for drifting in a stang, the only funny part is that you can't/won't do it (redass). I bet you're one of those pussies that buys a nice car, never drives it, and does the speed limit down the highways. Or maybe it's that you're driving the wrong year of stang. I raced a stock v6 (with the previous bodystyle) coming out of Jasper, Alberta. I didn't have that much more power than him (though a fair amount) but I KILLED him in the corners.

Thanx for the help guys (to everyone except redass).

Suck me b*tch (to redass)

~orion6g