General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP NEEDED NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Fobra
Banned

I guess its 3/4 of the way down, there are 3 pics in the middle, he talks about tension on the cable, see if those pics will help find the or a similar release.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

If you're that busy tonight then just leave it alone until you have the time and park it in 2nd gear in the meantime.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Fobra
Banned

I think he means its engaged.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 AM
southfour

i think i might have found the solution here: let me know what you think. thanks for your help

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eded-asap.html
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 AM
southfour

The brake isnt engaged, i posted some pics in the thread in that link. it drives fine but i cannot engage the e brake and i would like to get this fixed soon as would anyone. I have mechanics at school tomorrow where i have access to a lift so if anyone has any ideas on what to do please let me know. thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 01:40 AM
southfour

im beginning to think that it might be the self-adjusting mechanism and not something under the car. would someone be able to do me a huge favor and open your center glove box, remove the rubber stoppers on the top of the inside, remove the screws and then with a flat head screwdriver pry out the inside compartment, then measure from the connector shown in the yellow circle to where the cable dissapears through the floor. then i will measure mine and see if in fact the cable retracted or if i screwed up my handle. I can paypal you like $10 if you want. thanks

measure from the start of the cable in the yellow circle to the line where it goes through the floor

edit i guess i cannot post attatchments yet here are the links for the pics

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...able-start.jpg

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-cable-end.jpg

thank you
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Fobra
Banned

It would not be something under the car, thats why I didnt tell you to disconnect it. Im certain its has to be the ratcheting mechanism in the lever. what can you not get it to do? You may have to to raise and lower the lever several times (without holding the button) for the ratchet to re-adjust and take the slack out.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
southfour

so how do i lower the handle without pressing the button? thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM
southfour

there is no slack at all, the whole lever has moved about 2 inches backwards and the cable is tight preventing it from moving foreward back into the original position
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Fobra
Banned

Ok i see now, its too tight and you can get it to release in order to get it to bolt back on>?

Then take a flat head and try to pry the catch out of the self adjusting sprocket and try to make it release.

Quick Reply: HELP NEEDED NOW!!!