General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP NEEDED NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
southfour

Default HELP NEEDED NOW!!!

hello, i need your help now. I was installing a 2001 center console in my 00 and i had to remove 2 bolts holding the e brake to the floor to get the original console off. not the ebrake has slid back almost as if the cable retracted into the brake or something it is 7pm where i live and i have to drive to school tomorrow at 8 am please help me i know it was stupid to do this but i need help now.

EDIT another thing that might have happened is the mechanism in the handle wound up or something
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Fobra
Banned

Based on your post I cant help you, you should look to the cables connection to the pull lever. I dont understand what your saying is the problem.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 PM
southfour

ok, the ebrake handle is bolted to the floor by 2 bolts, i removed those 2 bolts so i could remove the cosole, in the process of putting the new one in the whole handle slid back towards the rear of the car and the cable went with it, it is not impossible to pull it foreward and bolt it in the proper spot again.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Fobra
Banned

see if this helps. http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/...air/index.html
Old 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
southfour

if i remove the cable from each caliper will that give me slack to move the handle back, then re attatch the cables to the calipers?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Fobra
Banned

hang on , haha I just read the title, I know its not for your year, but I thought the graph of the lever might help. Your problem should not be under the car.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
southfour

do you know what my problem might be? sorry im not trying to be rude im just really stressed right now i have to fix this by morning and i have a lot of homework.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Fobra
Banned

I have not taken apart an e brake yet, see if this helps - look about 1/2 way down. http://home.bresnan.net/~dazed/e-brake
Old 01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Fobra
Banned

If i had to guess I would say that the brake was pulled when you unbolted it and it is just being a bitch going back in, but if you look at it and that last link, you may see how to release the adjusting spring mech and slack it out a bit, if not you may just have to heman a little bit and have a friend run the bolts down while you hold it. But I still dont know what is wrong/ what problem your having.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
southfour

sorry i didnt find anything, what are the first 4 words of where i should be looking then i can use the find tool thanks

Quick Reply: HELP NEEDED NOW!!!