General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mods for a 06 Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 AM
lerenke

Default Mods for a 06 Mustang GT?

Hi,
Sometime in the near future I may be inheriting a 06 Mustang GT. I wanted to spend about $8-$10K in modifications. With under ten complete mods to keep it simple and clean.

I'm getting a super charger, though I don't know what one or how yet. Reccommendations welcome.

Then I want to get things to supplement and enhance the super-chargers effects. Like brakes, exhaust, stiffening kit, things like that.

Finally I would like major weight reduction.

Also I plan on keeping the vehicle cosmetically stock so I guess you could call it a sleeper, though in the future I might get a paint job and some nice trim or something.

Is this even feasable? Would you have any reccomendations for anything? I don't know too much about this stuff and all suggestions would be apprciated.

Thanks
D.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 AM
lerenke

Moderators please feel free to move this to an appropriate category if necesarry.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lerenke
Hi,
Sometime in the near future I may be inheriting a 06 Mustang GT. I wanted to spend about $8-$10K in modifications. With under ten complete mods to keep it simple and clean.

I'm getting a super charger, though I don't know what one or how yet. Reccommendations welcome.

Then I want to get things to supplement and enhance the super-chargers effects. Like brakes, exhaust, stiffening kit, things like that.

Finally I would like major weight reduction.

Also I plan on keeping the vehicle cosmetically stock so I guess you could call it a sleeper, though in the future I might get a paint job and some nice trim or something.

Is this even feasable? Would you have any reccomendations for anything? I don't know too much about this stuff and all suggestions would be apprciated.

Thanks
D.
i say don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

a blower can be put on your car for a few grand. a few suspension mods to help you hook up, and some exhaust mods to make your car sound good. very feasable to stay in your budget but i don't see the point in planning for something you hope is going to happen.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:56 AM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

^ +1...

do like the idea though, keeping it a sleeper
Old 03-07-2010, 11:06 AM
lerenke

Thanks for the advice, especially about not counting my chickens before they hatch; it is my Dad's car and he is getting a new one in a month and says he's giving me his current his 'stang when that happens. So I may not even get it, or i may hust trade it for an more economy oriented car.
But for now I surely wont buy anything for the 'stang before I own it, if that's what you meant: I agree 100%. Right now I'm just researching potential mods. Unemployed and bored, ya know, the good life.

Would an exhaust system be more cosmetic than anything else? I would like my car to sound and look as stock as possible and have a supercharger for power. Could I just use the stock exhaust ( with the supercharger) for this philosophy? it would save money too, I just assummed if you force more air into the engine you would have to upgrade the exhaust for the extra exhaust. But if I don't need to, I won't.

Heres a rehash:
Super-Charger
Brakes
Suspension
wieght reduction
Chip

...on a stock '06 Mustang GT for under $10K. Reccommendations on any aspect (even another forum to post this, this one seems a bit slow) would be greatly appreciated.

And for any for anyone who cares the inside may have a few tasteful extras later on in life. Electronics, materials, ect. But again, that would be much later. Maybe even after the independant rear suspension kit...
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
lerenke

Oooh, forgot to mention it's am automatic transmition. EEEEK! So would that mean I must uprgrade the suspension (gear ratio reason) even if I keep it auto? Ideas on price for that aspect.

Thanks, again.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 AM
lerenke

HERE IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY

Oooh, forgot to mention it's am automatic transmition. EEEEK! So would that mean I must uprgrade the transmission (gear ratioor power handling reasons or whatever) even if I keep it an auto trans? Ideas on price for that aspect.

Any FYI, I like to put a lot of thoght in my purchases, take care off all my possesions, and own them for a long time. So this would not be a short lived project car or any ruined ricer vehicle. I also understand the mods will cost money and simultaniously decrease the value of the car if not done right.

Thanks, again.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
lerenke

Danm, no edit button and little patience, sorry all.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

High stall torque converter + 3.90 gears should set your straight. let me just tell you what order I would mod a GT with 10K

0- window tint
1-SLP Loudmouth 2 Cat -Back + solid dyno tune
2-Rims + Tires + Strut bars
3- 3.90 gears
4-CAI Intake + TB + Plenum
5-Predator Tuner
6-head light cosmetics
7- High Stall Torque Converter