General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Putting a bodykit on my mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
daveerwin

Default Putting a bodykit on my mustang.

I was wondering if it was possible to put a SVT bodykit on a 2000 mustang GT? Anyone here of this and or know where I could get the bodykit to do it?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

Please refrain from installing any body kit on your mustang.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Instead of the body kit why not buy a bumper and maybe a cobra hood..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

Possible to appear like a poser too. Stick to functional modifications, just some friendly advice.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

Please refrain from two things: badging the car as a Cobra or giving anyone the impression through your talking that it is a Cobra...or Saleen, Roush, R, or anything else that might come up. And also, don't put an ugly body kit on, like those ricer kits with 8 wings and stuff.

I think a couple of those non-traditional Mustang kits look okay, but in my opinion, it's best to stick to the Cobra R, Roush or Saleen kits. However, refer back to giving people the wrong impression.

People mix and match kits all the time, doesn't necessarily bug me, but I can't count how many times I see sixxers with single exhaust and 3-spoke rims rolling around with Cobra badges, or guys in GTs who beat a Cobra and think, well hey I'm faster so I must have earned that privilage. It sounds stuck up, I know, but it really isn't terribly far off from a sixxer driver stabbing GT badges all over his car, because no matter how he hard tries and how many Mustang GTs he beats, he's not a GT and he shouldn't act like he is.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:44 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

To actually answer your question, you can add the Cobra front, hood, sides and rear bumper to your GT. There are a few places that make the 03 Cobra looking rear bumper that has been shaved, so it doesn't say COBRA on it. I'd suggest one of those.

Several places also sell the rest of the body. Ford, American Muscle, ACB Exclusive etc.....