General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

COST TO REPLACE REAR AXLE 2007 V6

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM
mustang8669

@MOOK3456 - I have ordered the axle and pinion flange from Speed Concepts, just awaiting it's arrival. Thanks for your help and info...the shop that is installing it said he couldn't believe that I was able to get it at that price. He even called them to make sure it was the complete axle, etc. Hehehe...it's all good - I hope! Will post again when it's up and running. HOPEFULLY, this will be all that it needs!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
mblgjr

Word to the wise.

Do NOT do business with SpeedConcepts.net

Just search a little bit...
Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Care to link an example or two? Not defending them, I've never dealt with them but the only thing I saw from googling was a couple people angry that it took a week to process and ship... I think that sounds about normal....
Old 08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
mustang8669

MOOK3456...I'm sorry but I am leaning toward mblgjr's comment. Check out the Better Business Bureau of Los Angeles...Speed Concepts is rated an "F"!!! My personal experience has not been so great so far. Placed my order on line Wed 8/11...their site states on 8/11 partial payment applied, Th 8/12 balance of payment applied (not sure why they split it up in 2 charges instead of just one), Fri 8/13 packing for shipment, Mon 8/16 SHIPPED. Great so far, right? NOT!! I called speedconcepts on Monday 8/23 thinking a week should have been long enough to ship an axle from CA to AL. I did get a call back on 8/23 and was told that the axle should arrive by Wed 8/25 at the latest. Ummmm, as of the close of business today...still no axle. I did speak to Ken twice today...the 2nd time being about 4:15 Central time and all Ken could tell me was..."the good news is that the distributor said that it has shipped"...the catch is no one knows where the axle is right now. When I asked Ken WHEN it has been shipped I was told "a few days ago, it should be there by tomorrow at the latest". I asked Ken when is "a few days ago"...what day?? He said they didn't have that information but that they did tell him it was a few days ago. OH, yeah, and it's only being shipped from Indiana not Cali(I'm in Alabama). One thing that I will say is, although you never get a person the first time that you call (I always have to leave a message) Ken has returned my call every time. And if he says he's going to call me back...he does...so far. As far as customer service, he has done a good job...and he has a way of "agreeing" with my frustrations and diffuse an upset situation. BUT I really feel like he is not being totally honest and is giving me the run around. I own my own business, we get products shipped for customers everyday...I can call during business hours anytime and know exactly where a shipment is. And I'm talking large items such as rolls of carpet and pallets of laminate...more equivilant to an axle...not a little UPS package that can be tracked on line. Wish me luck....
Old 08-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang8669
MOOK3456...I'm sorry but I am leaning toward mblgjr's comment. Check out the Better Business Bureau of Los Angeles...Speed Concepts is rated an "F"!!! My personal experience has not been so great so far. Placed my order on line Wed 8/11...their site states on 8/11 partial payment applied, Th 8/12 balance of payment applied (not sure why they split it up in 2 charges instead of just one), Fri 8/13 packing for shipment, Mon 8/16 SHIPPED. Great so far, right? NOT!! I called speedconcepts on Monday 8/23 thinking a week should have been long enough to ship an axle from CA to AL. I did get a call back on 8/23 and was told that the axle should arrive by Wed 8/25 at the latest. Ummmm, as of the close of business today...still no axle. I did speak to Ken twice today...the 2nd time being about 4:15 Central time and all Ken could tell me was..."the good news is that the distributor said that it has shipped"...the catch is no one knows where the axle is right now. When I asked Ken WHEN it has been shipped I was told "a few days ago, it should be there by tomorrow at the latest". I asked Ken when is "a few days ago"...what day?? He said they didn't have that information but that they did tell him it was a few days ago. OH, yeah, and it's only being shipped from Indiana not Cali(I'm in Alabama). One thing that I will say is, although you never get a person the first time that you call (I always have to leave a message) Ken has returned my call every time. And if he says he's going to call me back...he does...so far. As far as customer service, he has done a good job...and he has a way of "agreeing" with my frustrations and diffuse an upset situation. BUT I really feel like he is not being totally honest and is giving me the run around. I own my own business, we get products shipped for customers everyday...I can call during business hours anytime and know exactly where a shipment is. And I'm talking large items such as rolls of carpet and pallets of laminate...more equivilant to an axle...not a little UPS package that can be tracked on line. Wish me luck....

If this is being shipped from Indiana, I wouldn't be surprised that they are just getting this from NTO in the first place. Many business just work as an agent for another business. For example Moss Mustang sells CDC stuff, but if you buy it off of Moss, they just send the order to CDC and the stuff comes directly from CDC.

Something else. This will be shipped VIA common Carrier. So, it will be brokered to any common carrier to pick up and eventually delivered to you. Thing about it is, it may sit in their distribution terminal until they find a truck needing to finish off it's load, or until they find one that's heading your direction.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:12 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Ahh I see. Drop shipping does suck sometimes man, unfortunately alot of auto part business' do it that way. Hopefully it gets to ya soon.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 AM
mustang8669

Well, it turns out that they NEVER shipped the axle...go figure. Friday 8/27 Ken from SpeedConcepts called me back and said that they just shipped the axle Thursday (8/26) morning - guess that's why he couldn't tell me the exact date... I understand that it is their distributor that didn't ship it BUT that is not my problem it is Speed Concepts to keep up with their orders (maybe Speed Concepts were behind on their bills to their distributor???) but regardless Speed Concepts website stated that the axle was shipped on 8/16 which was not true. According to the shipping companies website the axle is out for delivery now...so it only took 3-4 days to get here once it was actually shipped. Maybe my son will actually be back in his ride by mid week!!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Well, it needs to be said...

Consider slapping your son in the back of the head(with a brick even) and taking his keys. Then spend some money to send him to a professional driving skill where he can learn some skill and defensive/safe driving. Preferably BEFORE he kills himself or someone else. Anyone who can get air going over RR tracks or anything else, clearly has NO CONCEPT of how to operate a vehicle properly with any kind of regard for how it performs in certain conditions.

This is coming from someone who worked as a professional vehicle test driver. Seriously, if you value his life or the life of others on the road, you'll get him some driving lessons. Fix the car, teach him to drive, and hopefully he'll never have another incident again.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 PM
mustang8669

@67Mustang302...thanks for your smart a$$ response. You know nothing about my son, his driving habits, the situation that happened that night or the location of these RR tracks. And until you do you should keep your smart a$$ comments to yourself. There have been MANY wrecks that have happened at the exact same location for the exact same reason including the one the very next night where fire & rescue had to come out to work the accident. So just because you are a "professional vehicle test driver" doesnt mean crap to me nor make you any better than anyone else. And if you think you are then it must be a tough life being perfect...especially considering the stupid stuff I see people do everyday behind the wheel.

At everyone else that responded with assistance in getting this vehicle back on the road...the axle that was recommended arrived on Monday (a day earlier than estimated...once they actually shipped it). That solved the problem and the car is back on the road. And yes, my son does have the keys...thanks again!!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Really? Does your son's life not mean anything to you? Or do you not care if he kills someone else? You immediately defend your son's action and call me a smartass, when your son CLEARLY was not driving properly. It takes a LOT of energy to lift a car off the ground. Was he even going the speed limit or the advised speed over the tracks?

And who cares if others wreck there? We're not talking about them, and even if they do it's for mostly the same reasons. The fact is whether day or night, if you can't see the other side of something, you need to slow way the hell down. If you're approaching a RR crossing and can't see the other side, should you just go over it at 40 or 50mph? Or even 20? If you're going so fast that by the time you see something you can't slow down, then you were going to fast for your ability to see. If you can't see beyond some obstacle, then you slow down enough so your stopping distance is within your sight range.

You can give me lines about smart *** comments all you want, but the fact is I was hired and insured on half million dollar prototype cars that were driven on public roads during testing. I showed that I had the driving understanding and skill to control an irreplaceable vehicle in a wide array of situations including the unpredictable. The vast majority of those who had excellent driving records and skill failed to meet the hiring and training requirements. So you think that maybe I actually know what I'm talking about? It has nothing to do with smartass comments, it has to do with knowing that the VAST VAST majority of people on the road have little to no driving skills and were not taught proper driving techniques....it's just the culture in our country.

The fact is that vehicle collisions are NOT accidents, someone is ALWAYS doing something they're not supposed to. Unless and meteor or a plane falls from the sky on your car, it's not an accident. And knowing how to properly drive(and no, despite everyone saying they know how to drive, they do NOT) and approach different situations allows you to avoid collisions that would have otherwise occurred, even ones that aren't your fault.

Your son got a car airborne over a railroad crossing and lost control. That's basically the epitome of bad driving. Why was he going fast enough to get AIRBORNE over an obstacle? Did he not see it? If not why was he going at a speed where he was unable to see an obstacle until the last second? And you even stated it's a known dangerous location in your area, yet despite being aware of the severe danger of this crossing he STILL loses control over it? Tell me, what was the speed limit on that road, what is the posted limit over those tracks, and how fast was he going?

And you do realize that if he had struck and killed someone in the process, he'd likely be sitting in a prison cell awaiting a manslaughter trial? Is that really what you want? It's pretty clear your son lacks the understanding to avoid situations like that(since it occurred) and lacks the skill to control a vehicle in an emergency situation(since he lost control in the process). So, big deal, he's young and can learn. Most people just don't know how to drive, it's not the end of the world because we just don't teach people how to really drive in this country.

In the end a good driving school will more than pay off in insurance premiums. The collisions avoided(whether his or someone else's fault) will mean lower insurance costs in the long run which will more than pay for a driving school. And really it's about what your son's life is worth to you. Vehicle collisions are one of the single biggest causes of death every year, giving him the driving skill and knowledge to avoid those collisions will decrease his chance of getting injured or killed, or injuring or killing someone else.

Think about it seriously. Wouldn't you rather know that every time he gets in a car he has the knowledge and skill to avoid collisions that the average person could not? I used to also work in EMS, so I've seen what happens to people who can't drive. Young people especially since they have less fear of danger. Getting him some performance driving lessons so he knows how to control his car in panic situations, and get him a defensive driving class so he learns how to avoid them. Then you won;t have to worry if something like this happens again. I mean think about it, has the realization even set in that he could have rolled his car and been killed?

Quick Reply: COST TO REPLACE REAR AXLE 2007 V6