General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Shave Door handles

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Daddiofink

Default Shave Door handles

Seen a couple threads about shaving door handles... dated in 2007 & 2008. Some thinks it's cool, some think it's rice. To each his own I suppose.

Regardless, I'm nearly finished with shaving the handles on my Fox body and can post a "how to" thread if anyone gives a crap. Got pics along the way so it'd be easy enough. Of course it won't be really DONE until I get the paint job, but that's a little ways off still.

'Fink
Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I was at a car show last weekend & was talking to a guy with shaved handles on his '40 Ford street rod. One tip he showed me was where he hid the wire "emergency bypass" cable he could use to open the door with in case the battery died.. YOU should consider something like that too
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Daddiofink

Originally Posted by GreyStang
I was at a car show last weekend & was talking to a guy with shaved handles on his '40 Ford street rod. One tip he showed me was where he hid the wire "emergency bypass" cable he could use to open the door with in case the battery died.. YOU should consider something like that too
Already considered, thanks for bringing it up.

Manual cable release runs into the trunk. That way the emergency "dead battery access" still needs a key. It sux in that now I can't shave the trunk too, but at least I can retain a small measure of security.

There is a key lock cable release available that I found on Ebay, but I couldn't tell from the pics how it worked and weather or not it would work for me. So I moved ahead with plan A.

Thanks for saying SOMETHING, and silencing the crickets I could hear in response to my post. HA.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 AM
pyroone

I think shaved handles would look really good....but sounds like too much of a project for my abilities
Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

not to much into the shave door handles. saw a guy at the local walmart with some and IMO it just didn't look right on a mustang. Once again my opinion..
Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
teedub
1st Gear Member

I like how my car turned out. Took off the GT emblem and lock from the deck lid as well.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Daddiofink

Originally Posted by teedub
I like how my car turned out. Took off the GT emblem and lock from the deck lid as well.

Got Pix? Would love to see it.

The key on the rear deck is the only thing I'm leaving since I want to have the emergency cable release in a locked compartment. Doing the antenna, both doors & probably the gas-hole (fuel door) too. Figure I can turn around the filler tube so it faces into the trunk... or move it behind the license plate... not sure yet.

Happy Trails.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:59 PM
teedub
1st Gear Member