General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replacing Shaker 500 and would like to keep stock Sirius antenna...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
bytewyze

Default Replacing Shaker 500 and would like to keep stock Sirius antenna...

I'm installing a Kenwood 9960 and Sirius receiver, speakers, amp etc in my '08 Bullitt and have an issue that I need help with. I want to use the factory installed sat ant (the car came equipped with the Shaker 500 w/ Sirius) and the existing ant cable will work with the new Sirius receiver, but as the receiver is currently mounted behind the passenger seat the interface cable between it and the Kenwood head is too short. It's an 8 pin cable but I need one about 15' long. The one that came with the receiver is only a few feet long. I could mount the receiver near the head but then the antennae cable would be too short. An extension cable for either of these would be ideal, or a Sirius ant that could be permanently mounted where the existing ant is on the trunk lid. The one that came with the new Sirius receiver is magnetic - the one on the car mounts in a hole on the trunk lid. I contacted Kenwood but they couldn't help.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
bytewyze

Default Kenwood 9960

I had a local car audio shop (Audio Express in Raleigh, NC) install a Kenwood 9960 head unit, FOCAL component speakers in the front / FOCAL coaxial speakers in the rear / kept existing subs in the door and used stock sub amps for those / Rockford Fosgate 500w 4 channel amp / dynamat in the doors, floor, and trunk / used existing Sirius antennae (shop made a cable for it). These guys are awesome -and the system sounds excellent. One more thing to add - a sub in the trunk. Coming soon. Still able to enjoy the engine sound - and the new Corsa Extreme axle backs I installed.