General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car hasn't arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

Default Car hasn't arrived...

So my 11 GT was scheduled to come in on November 2nd. I called the dealer yesterday and their info still shows November 2nd. Their tracking information doesn't show where the car is like it's supposed to. So now the dealer has a call in to the Ford Rep who has to locate the car. Is this unusual? It seems when other peoples cars were late they atleast got updated information. My car seems to be lost.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:24 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

be very carefull. there been cases of this happening and it turns out that the car was damaged in transport. the extra time is being taken to repair said. vehicle. when it comes in go over it with a fine tooth and comb. this is unlikely to happen though since it is VERY illegal. theres a story here though. a teachers freind ordered a brand new 2001 ford f-350. well when it was being off loaded from the top of box container the lines snapped and the whole suspension went to hell. the ford guy in charge said 'lets quickly repair it and send it on it's way"
well a few months latter the owner found out, raised hell and ended up getting a new truck and keept his old one with half the payments taken care of.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

Yeah I'm a little worried about the delay. More so because of the lack of information. How exactly do you lose a car?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Well if I were you I'd "demand" to know where the car is,, or you'll take your business elsewhere. Unless of course they're willing to compensate you some $'s, or toss in some more freebies/incentives.

Don't take crap from a dealership.. YOU'RE in charge
Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
be very carefull. there been cases of this happening and it turns out that the car was damaged in transport. the extra time is being taken to repair said. vehicle. when it comes in go over it with a fine tooth and comb. this is unlikely to happen though since it is VERY illegal. theres a story here though. a teachers freind ordered a brand new 2001 ford f-350. well when it was being off loaded from the top of box container the lines snapped and the whole suspension went to hell. the ford guy in charge said 'lets quickly repair it and send it on it's way"
well a few months latter the owner found out, raised hell and ended up getting a new truck and keept his old one with half the payments taken care of.
Yeah. that's what happened to my Uncle back in the 60s. He got a Chevy Malibu. It was late arriving to the dealership. Found out why, when about a year went by the WHOLE front end wanted to come out of the car. And they wouldn't do anything about it. When we looked under the car the frame was bent and the welds broke that someone TRIED to fix. What a RIP. Maybe things have changed, but look under the car too, not just the painted area. Something seems suspicious.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:54 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

i don't necessarily know that it's cause for alarm that your going to get some repaired trainwreck, but i would be beating down someone's door until they found where the car was. tell them your going to buy a camaro if they cant find where your car is.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
i don't necessarily know that it's cause for alarm that your going to get some repaired trainwreck, but i would be beating down someone's door until they found where the car was. tell them your going to buy a camaro if they cant find where your car is.
That's funny because that's exactly what I was thinking earlier today.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Actually, do this: Go to the dealer, tell them that you do not want it anymore. If you put money down already and all that, demand it back and tel them to cancel/void the paperwork since you have officially and physically not taken possession of the car.

Tell them you are going to another Ford dealer that already has a car with the specs you want already on their lot (do not tell them which one, or they will do an inventory check and call your bluff).

If this does not light a fire under their *** to TELL you where your car is, I don't know what will.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Actually, do this: Go to the dealer, tell them that you do not want it anymore. If you put money down already and all that, demand it back and tel them to cancel/void the paperwork since you have officially and physically not taken possession of the car.

Tell them you are going to another Ford dealer that already has a car with the specs you want already on their lot (do not tell them which one, or they will do an inventory check and call your bluff).

If this does not light a fire under their *** to TELL you where your car is, I don't know what will.
Actually, they already know exactly what I want since it's what I ordered. We couldn't find one anywhere. The dealer was trying to locate one at another dealership and have it shipped but there were none exactly how I wanted. I also don't want to blame the dealer too much because they're at the mercy of Ford. Starting Monday I'll be pressuring them much more. It's hard for me to find time to call them because of work though. May get my sister on their ***. She works for an insurance company and calls and argues with people all day long, everyday. It's what she does. Anytime I have an issue, I talk to her and she takes care of it. She gets results.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:26 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

i can see it being a few days late, but its over a week now. i would try to scare them with the "im gonna take my business elsewhere" threat, but if you dont see anything from it, then seriously take your business to another dealer and order the same thing. i wouldnt trust the car being over a week late

Quick Reply: Car hasn't arrived...