General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car hasn't arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03shadow
what the?? someone stole your car?
ROFLMAO! How do you claim that on the insurance policy? Well, actually, how do you even insure a car you do not even posses yet?

Originally Posted by Kitzy
The dealer called today. At 3:30 this afternoon my car was loaded on a train. When it arrives at the train yard the dealer is making it a high priority. From there he said it should take a day or two to come in. We will see.
Great to hear that you are finally getting your car!
I tell you what, I about want to slap down some teamster unions for this kind of BS.

As I said before, unions need to focus on KEEPING good paying jobs in America and not doing S*** like this.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

The dealer called for my daily update. My car arrived at Twin Oaks rail yard and was immediately placed on high priority. The sales manager said usually whenever this is done the car arrives in 2-3 days. So with the holiday this week it could arrive anywhere between tomorrow and early next week (worst case scenario.)
Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

wow. id talk to a lawyer to see if any compensation can be had out of this. id be livid.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

i doubt the buyer has paid anything for the car at this point. so theres nothing to "comp" except a few extra weeks. not worth the price of hiring a lawyer IMO.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

I have $500 down, that's it. And that's only because at the time they were trying to get me a car with the exact specs at a dealership a few hours away and that was to hold it for me but it turned out it had sold the day before just like the one I had originally went to see at that dealer in the first place. Both cars, exact duplicates, sold on the same day, the day before I went to the dealer. To top it off, I went to the dealer two days later than planned because I was waiting for my Expedition to get out of the body shop because it was broken in to on a dealer lot while getting repaired. That's only half of the story that led up to all of this. I'm just happy it's coming to an end.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:54 PM
DigitalTrixx

Originally Posted by Kitzy
I have $500 down, that's it. And that's only because at the time they were trying to get me a car with the exact specs at a dealership a few hours away and that was to hold it for me but it turned out it had sold the day before just like the one I had originally went to see at that dealer in the first place. Both cars, exact duplicates, sold on the same day, the day before I went to the dealer. To top it off, I went to the dealer two days later than planned because I was waiting for my Expedition to get out of the body shop because it was broken in to on a dealer lot while getting repaired. That's only half of the story that led up to all of this. I'm just happy it's coming to an end.
Dang lol, you have had some extreme bad luck with dealers. Hope everything works out with your stang tho.... Is rather odd that its this late, definitely check over it like the others said. very odd..
Old 11-23-2010, 05:52 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I would still demand some comp for all the trouble. It is not your fault that you should get your car so late. Though it is not For's fault to some degree either that the teamsters Union are being asshats, Ford is still responsible for relying on them. Ford could have used their own carriers instead of hiring those guys. Yes, the Ford carriers would have to adhere to Union rules, pay fees and all, but at least they would not strike and hold up finished cars from the factory.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

I don't think the union had anything to do with my issue. Seems it just never made it on to the train like it was supposed to and then was forgotten about. Why in the world the dealer didn't question immediatley why the car didn't show up within a few days of its eta is beyond me. I don't even care that it was late. I was more concerned about the fact that nobody knew where it was.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

It finally came in yesterday. Everything seems to be alright on it. It was hard to really look it over too well since it was dark out and it was extremely dirty since I wouldn't let them wash it. Of course it snowed like hell today for a while. They want crappy weather here for a couple days but here are some pics I took today while I had it out.

And then while I was out...
Old 11-25-2010, 02:06 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

mmmm thats hot, or i mean cold! congrats man, and im glad to see it made it in one piece

Quick Reply: Car hasn't arrived...