General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

If you thought your dealer sucked.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Slug Catcher
1st Gear Member

Default If you thought your dealer sucked.........

You should visit your local Dodge dealer.

I found this on the Challenger Forums....

The OP said.....

My service manager told me that Chrysler called the day after the original diagnosis and ASKED THEM about the intake and exhaust on the car, and asked for pictures of all of it. They were specifically told my screen name on the forums and told to do a more thorough inspection of the clutch and drivetrain for signs of abuse to it. They did everything Chrysler said and then defended me by telling Chrysler that they could find no signs of abuse and everything looked perfect and in spec. On Thursday afternoon Chrysler released a transmission that they'd previously released on Monday and then put a hold on.

The dealer did not volunteer info until Chrysler specifically asked them about it. Also, this dealer has a very good relationship with the club that I'm in and has a reputation for taking care of the club members (350 of us so far). They stand to lose if there was a way for them to be cast in a bad light as I could easily go to the club and tell them that the dealer made waves with Chrysler. I spoke with the service manager at length, and he didn't even know what the screen name was until I told him. He knew that Chrysler got it from the internet, but didn't know any specifics other than that they monitored the forums. He assured me that they simply followed Chrysler's orders regarding the inspection of the car and then showed me all the photos that were taken that had to be sent to engineering. He told me that engineering didn't like the exhaust mods or the intake. He also showed me the addendum on the work order that I posted previously. He told me that Chrysler felt that based on posts on the forums that I intended to race the car and that's why they will be monitoring the car from now on.

It then led to 25 Pages of Dodge Dealer hating goodness.

These guys are posting how SRT stands for "Slow Ride Technology".

Its their forums????????

The best post I read on there was......

Well...I have to give Ford credit,for building a better car . My GT500,At 100 miles I put on magnaflows.At 400 miles,I put a kenne bell supercharger on..at 800 miles I raced turning 11's...Ford sent me info about a TSB for clutch/flywheel/and Trans updates,and at 1800 miles,with all my mods,installed the new parts,including all new synco's and trans bearings at no cost..My dealer complememted me on my car,and we talked about his GT40....

If you got the time, Its here....

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...-owners-11428/

A car enthuthiest Forum for people who hate their cars......... I guess?

Last edited by Slug Catcher; 12-04-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:04 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

And it's a wonder to some people why they declared bankruptcy?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:19 AM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

They're watching you................ o.0