General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new on the Mustangs...sorta

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 02:32 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: new on the Mustangs...sorta

This is just what I want to do, I dont want to buy a done car.
I like to know what is in my car and how it was installed and the satisfaction that I did it.
Im not trying to cut corners and save money by taking on someones uncompleted project, I am working on mine because it symbolizes me, its me in that car and no one else.

I guess its hard for other people to understand but if the whole world was easy to understand then it wouldnt be as fun.

L8r
Old 08-31-2005, 02:56 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

This is just what I want to do, I dont want to buy a done car.
I like to know what is in my car and how it was installed and the satisfaction that I did it.
Im not trying to cut corners and save money by taking on someones uncompleted project, I am working on mine because it symbolizes me, its me in that car and no one else.

I guess its hard for other people to understand but if the whole world was easy to understand then it wouldnt be as fun.

L8r

Hey man I completely understand wanting to do your own work and I think that its way to easy to pay someone to do the work...Doing it your self gives you satisfaction I agree.I am in no way trying to bash on you at all...I just think that spending big bucks on such as carbon fiber drive shafts and other stuff is kinda useless when you could spend it on other things that will help in performance such as a charger or turbo or something.I congratulate you on all the work you are doing and know how tough it can be to try to do all that on a limited budget.So don't think I don't agree with you at all cause i do.I know a ton of kids(my friends) that spend every last dollar paying mechanics to mod there cars and couldn't point out one of the parts they just had installed and i think that is ridiculous!So keep chugging along at what your doing and I'm sure in the end you will have one bad *** car.I wasn't telling you to buy a done car I meant the original poster only cause he said he didn't know much about stangs and i thought he might get in over his head thats all.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:48 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Easier solution
5.4 used in 2000 cobra R 380hp/fi-lb
4.6 used in 03-04 cobra 390hp/ft-lb
Old 09-03-2005, 02:45 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Easy choice, 5.4 with a Livernoise stroker kit and the 03/04 Heads and supercharger or heads and KB super!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
93egtinlr

well I def appreciate the comments...have to wait till he gets back from working the hurricane situation to see which way we are going to go with this

although I know he may want to go with some of the serious parts for heavy racing...I am still figuring on a budget build up initially