General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P0340 Code with freshly installed cams and e-force HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Undead Pony

Exclamation P0340 Code with freshly installed cams and e-force HELP!!!!

I purchased and installed the Detroit Rockers for supercharged applications and the stage 1 Edlebrock E-force from Brenspeed. Everything seems to be working fine but I keep getting the trouble code P0340 and sometimes when I put the car in R the RPMs drop and the car dies. I have looked around at other posts but I don't know if you can apply them to my situation since most were non cammed/supercharged. So far I have checked the connecters, taken off the cam sensors, cleaned, reinstalled and have returned the tune to stock then re-loaded it. Once the code is cleared I can drive around without it coming back on until the next time I start it up. I personally don't believe my alternator is going out, I've never had this problem in the past.
Please help I'm out of ideas.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Undead Pony

Also thought I solved this problem but it keeps coming back and I'm not sure if it may be related or not but now when I start the car it shoots up to 3000 RPMs then goes all the way down and dies.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Have you tried to talk to Brenspeed? Maybe they can fix the issue with just an adjustment in the tune.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 AM
aa4shaw

To All on this message board who have a 2005-2008 Mustang. I am currently sitting at the dealer having my alternator replaced after receiving the dreaded P0340 P0344 error codes. But while sitting here I also found that my lower engine cover was missing! Apparently the Dealer and other oil change places have a bad habit of removing this cover in order to get to the oil filter, and they either inadvertently forget to put it back or they intentionally forget to put it back because its a pain in the butt. That being said, I implore all of you to make sure you have your lower splash shield in place, otherwise you will continue to have your alternator fail due to dirt and water getting in it. If your engine compartment is showing signs of splash back or mud, you have probably had the lower engine cover removed by a lazy mechanic. See link below http://www.partsgeek.com/mparts/skid_plate/ford.html
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aa4shaw
To All on this message board who have a 2005-2008 Mustang. I am currently sitting at the dealer having my alternator replaced after receiving the dreaded P0340 P0344 error codes. But while sitting here I also found that my lower engine cover was missing! Apparently the Dealer and other oil change places have a bad habit of removing this cover in order to get to the oil filter, and they either inadvertently forget to put it back or they intentionally forget to put it back because its a pain in the butt. That being said, I implore all of you to make sure you have your lower splash shield in place, otherwise you will continue to have your alternator fail due to dirt and water getting in it. If your engine compartment is showing signs of splash back or mud, you have probably had the lower engine cover removed by a lazy mechanic. See link below http://www.partsgeek.com/mparts/skid_plate/ford.html
I hit a raccoon last weekend and 90% of the splash guard is gone. I came across partgeeks.com while searching for it and thought maybe the $15 for splash guard and the $8 for the lower bumper insert were just crazy low prices..but figured i'd order it anyways...got the parts in and they are perfect. I can vouch for partsgeek.com the prices are too good to be true...but they are true.