General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Member big problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:47 AM
slamtrack

Default New Member big problem

Hello to all,

I have a 95 GT coupe auto with a absoutly wacked out trans but im not getting to enjoy it because im having a hell of a problem and its blowing my mind....
ok here it is .......after the car has been sitting a while it will crank find and fun fine, then after a while ( ive usualy only noticed it when its raining about to rain or just rained) i will be running down the road and all of a sudden everything just quits ....the ignition that is it just like i have turned the igniton off ths weird. then when i come to a stop the car just turns and turns after letting it sit a while it will usually crank up and run fine (atleast for the molment ) ive checked and i beleave i have fuel pressure (by pressing on the tit on the fuel line and it sprays fuel) ...so i changed out the distrupitor, ignition moduel , and coil ...still the same problem .... although i will note in the process of changing the distrubitor i severley messed it up and lost TDC and didetn know it untill the car wouldnt crank at all ..several times i tried and failled untill i sait screw it and pulled the #1 plug and did it the right way ...could this of messed up the Distributor turning it over in the wrong position so may time or could i have a diffrent problem all together? any help would be grately appeciated and thanks i look foward to talking to may of you on the wonderful site .... thanks Slamtrack
Old 09-04-2005, 12:35 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Member big problem

Not much help when it comes to the tech stuff... but i can say that mine used to do the same thing. I would be driving, then it would just stall. I would have to let it sit for a little bit, then start up and would go. I had some (TFI??? module) replaced and it almost quit doing it. But then, it did it one more time last year and hasnt done it since. Not sure what it is, but there seems to be no cure. I think it has something to do w/ heat though. It always did it to me when it was hot out. Its almost like something is getting hot, shutting the car down, cools off a little, then will run. Very strange, and if you fix the problem, let me know....good luck!