General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for help to disable auto-locking doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
rollintechno
1st Gear Member

Angry Looking for help to disable auto-locking doors

This is on my Grand Marquis.

Right when you start the car, the doors automatically lock. Like IMMEDIATELY. Doors can be open. Car still in park. And it still locks once you turn the key. Due to this sh*t I have locked my keys in the car 2x while moving it to service or wash the car.

WTF! Doesn't most all keyless entry programs lock the doors AFTER the doors are shut and you put the car in drive? Or after you get going like 5-10 mph?

The owners manual explains how to disable auto-lock BUT IT DOES NOT WORK.

But what's also weird is my keyless remote. It isn't like any others I have seen for my make and model. It's a 3 button and it says Ford, not Mercury. I have scoured the internet for a replacement remote case cuz the loop part that attaches to the keyring is broken. I can't find this particular remote case ANYWHERE. /offtopic.

I am wondering if this was a dealer installed option and that it didn't come from the factory this way. Unfortunately, the warranty is gone and I highly doubt the dealer will be much help without charging me for it.

Here's to hoping someone here can help!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Souldriver
1st Gear Member

on my 97 celica the doors would lock right away when the key was turned on and i really like it like that. i missed it after the security system had to get ripped out. That was also a manual though.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

That does sound like a dealer add on. Look around for the black box and see if you can find a part # or model #, then you can google the instruction manual.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
emin
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I second the idea that it is a dealer addition. Check with them to see what they usually install for the locking doors.