General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:57 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NOOOOOOOOOOO

bumper cover? im new to all this so will someone please help me out and not make fun of me!

the 279$ is for a bumper in my color, so paintin is not part of this
Old 09-21-2005, 02:10 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: sandcracker21

bumper cover? im new to all this so will someone please help me out and not make fun of me!

the 279$ is for a bumper in my color, so paintin is not part of this

LOL. no problem. The bumper "cover" is the piece that you can see....the piece that's painted. You are not that confused. You are talking about the right part.

I looked at your picture of the damage and it really is not that bad at all. Reach under there and try popping it out. I guarantee it won't look nearly as bad to you as it does now. You might not even need the new bumper (cover) at all. See what you can do. Have a good look around because there might be a couple of supports bent too but it doesn't look bad dude.

EDIT: I'm not being a smartass but you do know it is just made of a polymer and is really flexible, don't you?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

where did your chin spoiler go? did you take that off? It's on in the picture in your sig but the damage pic doesn't have it.

If you have been under there to put that spoiler on, then you already know what the bumper "cover" is. It's the piece that the chin spoiler attaches to.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:48 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

my chin spoiler didnt stand a chance......

R.I.P.

its also cracked, so poping it back isnt goin to help too much, and i will always know my baby isnt perfect anymore

but anyways.....if i buy the 279% bumper cover in my color, would that be all i need?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:17 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: sandcracker21

my chin spoiler didnt stand a chance......

R.I.P.

its also cracked, so poping it back isnt goin to help too much, and i will always know my baby isnt perfect anymore

but anyways.....if i buy the 279% bumper cover in my color, would that be all i need?
yes that should do the trick. Just be patient taking yours off and make a note of where all the bolts and clips go so you can reverse the order when putting ot back on. There is alot of room for adjustment and you will have to play around with it a bit, but you should have no problems.

Personally, if the bumpers are ruined anyway, i usually just cut them off so the fasteners are easier to get to but if you are not careful, you can cut through something you want to keep LOL.

Just start removing stuff. You will be fine. Take the headlights and fog lights out first.