General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

can i install doors open upwards to a musang?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Not that I would ever put them on my Mustang - but I find it amazing how this forum will beat down anyone that wants to do something outside the standard mods to their own Mustang. Conform, conform, conform.... we're all zombies who must do the same thing.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 AM
craig71springsport
2nd Gear Member

Not that I would ever put them on my Mustang - but I find it amazing how this forum will beat down anyone that wants to do something outside the standard mods to their own Mustang. Conform, conform, conform.... we're all zombies who must do the same thing.
Guess he shouldn't post about it on an open forum then huh? That's the beauty of free speech. There are plenty of countries you can go to that will be glad to take that right away from you.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:33 AM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by craig71springsport
Guess he shouldn't post about it on an open forum then huh? That's the beauty of free speech. There are plenty of countries you can go to that will be glad to take that right away from you.
This one fast becoming one..!

I dont personally like the lambo doors thing, but in crowded parking situations, they are magic!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM
GearheadDiva

Any thread on lambo doors is the place to find some action but in this case I'm glad to see I'm not the only one still quoting that movie

Anyhow, to answer your question, if you're still reading:

Originally Posted by MG16
can i install doors open upwards to a 2012 musang ? if yes how wich ways?
Opinions about this mod aside, there are a lot of considerations to take into account before putting in lambo doors into any car - especially if it's also your daily driver. I actually did this install myself with a bolt-on kit from Vertical Doors and the result was amazing. I've had them for almost a year now with no problems.

The kit you get makes a huge difference so don't skimp here. It's better to take your time and watch for a good deal to come up on eBay/Craigslist on a quality kit rather than settling for a cheap kit where your shocks will give out or worse, you have to do a bunch of cutting and welding, making it a problem to go back to your factory hinges in the future.

My kit also allows me to get in and out of the car without having to raise the doors if I don't want to. Believe me, no matter how cool they are, after about a month, it gets old.

If you plan on having someone else do the install, cost will definitely be a factor. Like some people have already said, I've seen prices as high as $2,500 per door and after having done this myself I wouldn't trust someone charging too cheaply to do it right (although you don't want to get ripped off either). It takes a tremendous amount of attention to detail to do this install so you want to hire someone with a decent portfolio of this type of job.

This being said, I also don't want to discourage you from doing the install yourself. I don't know your comfort level but if you're planning on doing this on your own I can definitely point out a few things you'll most likely have to tackle based on my own experience.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Are they easy to get out of - yes
Do they look silly on a Mustang - yes

Worse though is a Mustang is not made for them and those hinges will put a huge strain on the metal.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:07 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by craig71springsport

Ok, Mr. Free Speech: Learn to read and comprehend before flapping your gums and expressing something you weren't asked about. In the first post he asked if it was possible... not what your opinions were.

YES, it's possible.

Bashing someone's idea is not promoting free speech - which is what you claim to be standing behind. That's very clearly "conform or get out". Having to do what the group says to do is the complete opposite of free speech. It's like a Jr Highschool.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 AM
craig71springsport
2nd Gear Member

Ok, Mr. Free Speech: Learn to read and comprehend before flapping your gums and expressing something you weren't asked about. In the first post he asked if it was possible... not what your opinions were.

YES, it's possible.

Bashing someone's idea is not promoting free speech - which is what you claim to be standing behind. That's very clearly "conform or get out". Having to do what the group says to do is the complete opposite of free speech. It's like a Jr Highschool.
Not saying he has to conform, just saying you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction, since he posted it on a forum. I can read and comprehend just fine, how about you? He can do what ever he likes to his car, I don't truly care at all. Just don't get all butthurt when people express their dislike for a commonly frowned upon mod on cars that they have a strong affinity for, especially over a forum. Maybe we should just get you special pencil and eraser to edit every thread to your liking.