General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

96 Mustang GT backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
jtharp723

Default 96 Mustang GT backup camera

I installed a new head unit in my daughters mustang, with a flip out screen. The radio install all went well and it worked great. I then moved on to install the backup camera and have run into an odd problem that I have not been able to solve for days. SInce I had to run the AV line to the rear of the car I also decided to just add to, and run the reverse line from the head unit to the back also rather than trying to find the reverse line in hte side kick panel. I do know that the black/pink wire is the reverse power wire and hooked the camera up accordingly. It works great when putting the car in reverse, but when you then go to drive, neutral or park and step on the brake, the screen on the head unit will then go blue and say "no camera input". What makes this situation all the more bizzare is if I unplug the wire harness on the drivers side to disable the taillamp assembly in the trunk, and then just power the camera/reverse feed from the exposed plug ends, it works perfectly. I have tried so many different scenarios that I lost track, all I do know is if I disable the tailight assembly it works. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks