General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

An unusual paint problem

Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default An unusual paint problem

Alright guys first time posting a picture here so I hope this pops up. Let me know if yall cant see it.

Anyway so this happened today driving home on the interstate. There had been a pretty deep scratch at the top of the box if you wana call it that for close to 3 years now. I had noticed that under that paint in what is now the olive drab area was sort of bubbled up and it felt like it had un-attached itself from the car but still to the paint around it if that makes any sense. No doubt this has upset me greatly.

My question is is that i went and got a quote from a reputable repair shop my family has used before and he quoted around 300 to repaint the quarter panel. Does this sound about right to yall? I was thinking of trying Maaco but i've always had a sense that they did not do the top notch work us car guys strive for. Any help would be greatly appreciated im kinda losing my mind over this.
Attached Thumbnails An unusual paint problem-1509143_1424977991069410_1570887965_n.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:26 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yep....price is about right....maybe $250.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone ever used Maaco's paint service? Did you find it satisfactory?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:41 AM
charlesgrove

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Alright guys first time posting a picture here so I hope this pops up. Let me know if yall cant see it.

Anyway so this happened today driving home on the interstate. There had been a pretty deep scratch at the top of the box if you wana call it that for close to 3 years now. I had noticed that under that paint in what is now the olive drab area was sort of bubbled up and it felt like it had un-attached itself from the car but still to the paint around it if that makes any sense. No doubt this has upset me greatly.

My question is is that i went and got a quote from a reputable repair shop my family has used before and he quoted around 300 to repaint the quarter panel. Does this sound about right to yall? I was thinking of trying Maaco but i've always had a sense that they did not do the top notch work us car guys strive for. Any help would be greatly appreciated im kinda losing my mind over this.
For repaint your car's quarter panel and in very inexpensive way, I suggest you a very good shop that will definately helps you. I have been regular customer of Fine Line Paintless Dent Removal and it provides expert services that will makes your car as brand new. It has done a good work on my auto body needs. It offers wide range of auto body services including collision repair, car painting, body work, dent removal, scratch removal, vehicle towing and all the other kinds of damage repair services that your car may need so, I recommends you to must visit Fine Line Paintless Dent Removal.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 AM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Has anyone ever used Maaco's paint service? Did you find it satisfactory?
From what I have seen, their service is hit and miss.
I guess it would suffice if you are painting a body kit for a Honda Civic.
However, I would never let them touch my Mustang!

You get what you pay for!

The quote you received sounds fair as there is a lot more to the process than just throwing some paint over the affected area.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:13 AM
dominicgreco

I had experienced with a quality paint job done by a shop. I recommend you to must visit Sonny's Collision for full body work of your car. Sonny's Collision offers wide range of auto body services including collision repair, car painting, body work, dent removal, hail repair, scratch removal, , custom painting, vehicle towing and all the other kinds of damage repair services that your car may need. Must visit Sonny's Collision for repaint your car's quarter panel perfectly and inexpensive.