General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Difference between OEM/Ford/Motorcraft Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 11:20 AM
MustangJSM

Default Difference between OEM/Ford/Motorcraft Wiper Blades

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the difference between the various types of OEM/Ford/Motorcraft wiper blades available on the market. From an extensive search, I've noticed that there seems to be at least three different types of "OEM" blades available. The only one I've tried so far is the Motorcraft "Premium Flat" Blade, and it seemed somewhat lower in quality compared to Rain-X and Bosch blades.

I've included the part numbers and links with a product description for reference. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Motorcraft "Premium Flat" Blade
17528 WW-2201-PF
Amazon.com: Motorcraft WW-2201-PF Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive Amazon.com: Motorcraft WW-2201-PF Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive

"Genuine Ford" Wiper Blade
AR3Z-17528-B
Amazon.com: Genuine Ford AR3Z-17528-B Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive Amazon.com: Genuine Ford AR3Z-17528-B Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive

Motorcraft Blade
17528 WW2045
Amazon.com: Motorcraft WW2045 Wiper Blade: Automotive Amazon.com: Motorcraft WW2045 Wiper Blade: Automotive
Old 02-14-2016, 06:36 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I have bought a boat load of expensive blades and a boatload of cheapies and I have resigned myself to having to buy two sets a year, regardless.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:41 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

looks like a regular old beam blade from the pic
Old 02-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

If you are looking for a quality blade, PIAA.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by MustangJSM
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the difference between the various types of OEM/Ford/Motorcraft wiper blades available on the market. From an extensive search, I've noticed that there seems to be at least three different types of "OEM" blades available. The only one I've tried so far is the Motorcraft "Premium Flat" Blade, and it seemed somewhat lower in quality compared to Rain-X and Bosch blades.

I've included the part numbers and links with a product description for reference. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Motorcraft "Premium Flat" Blade
17528 WW-2201-PF
Amazon.com: Motorcraft WW-2201-PF Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive

"Genuine Ford" Wiper Blade
AR3Z-17528-B
Amazon.com: Genuine Ford AR3Z-17528-B Wiper Blade Assembly: Automotive

Motorcraft Blade
17528 WW2045
Amazon.com: Motorcraft WW2045 Wiper Blade: Automotive
The three different types of blades were probably dependent on the region where the car was shipped to. Northeast vs Southwest vs Midwest. Huge differences in climate and types of moisture that the blades have to deal with. The thin really cheese looking ones are probably southwest, the thicker ones like the beam style are probably more for 4 seasons.

any my two cents on blades, the OEM ones do pretty well in AZ heat as do Trico's. I won't spend too much more than that. I have a few sets on hand that I ordered from Rock Auto. Cost about 1/3 of the parts stores even with shipping.

Last edited by Derf00; 02-17-2016 at 01:49 PM.