General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

2006 gt

Old 03-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Default 2006 GT

trackers, The dyno fellers are right. As a rule of thumb, any small block Ford or Chevy I build will have four bolt mains to start out with if it will be making more than 500 hp. Yes, I know there are 4.6l engines making scary hp, but you must remember, these are over the head engines. Then a strong lower/bottom end is next in order. I am impressed with your numbers. Also, instead of taking out timing, which is o.k., I would also play with backing off on the supercharger bump while leaving the original timing in place. There are many different engine combinations and the dyno people are experienced at using the charts to determine the best power producing set-up while still protecting the engine. Also, I am curious, what tranny are you using?
Old 03-26-2018, 08:00 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

using the stock 3650 tremac 5 speed with a mc cloud stage 3 ceramic and fiber clutch

Last edited by trackers; 03-26-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:48 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

trackers, here is some info that might also be helpful. The TR3650 is a rather strong transmission but its weak spot in a high-torque application is the 10-spline input shaft. These stock shafts tend to shear off when launching a 500 HP car at the drag strip. To remedy this, builders have been modifying original input shafts by grafting a new 26-spline front onto the gear. A better solution is the recent availability of an all-new shaft made from 9310 alloy steel. This puts the TR3650 at an even higher estimated torque rating of about 525 ft/lbs and somewhere around 600 HP.

Aftermarket Gear Sets
To date, there is one custom aftermarket gear set available for the TR3650. It is a 2.90 first gear, close-ratio set that brings the TR3650 to a rating of about 700 ft/lbs of flywheel torque. Ratios are 2.90, 1.91, 1.37, 1.00. On the negative side of this, the gears can whine a bit more than stock. The fifth gear ratios are limited to 0.53 and 0.58 which are undesirable for track applications. Custom ratios of 0.63 and 0.69 do exist.

Racing Applications - Scatter Shield
The integral aluminum bell housing of the TR3650 restricts the use of this transmission where SFI requirements are specified. A solution is to replace the front housing with a custom adapter plate that will allow it to bolt to a traditional bell housing that does meet SFI specifications. Once the scatter shield conversion is performed, the cost of this all-out racing TR3650 rivals that of the T56 Magnum.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:53 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

hey buck sergent, I put my mustang on a load dyno today to compare with the dyno jet enertia one I was using the numbers did come out different. the dyno jet numbers were 474.6 rwhp, the mustang load dyno was 461. I've been told that a load dyno is about 12 % smaller numbers do you know if that is true? if so, then I'm putting about 515rwhp out does that sound possible? I appreciate your input, since you gave me real good advice in the past. hope to hear from you
Old 07-26-2018, 06:49 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Default trackers

trackers, this is from Dynojet Dynamometer. "Unlike other Dynamometers which simply measure horsepower, our dynamic testing and graphing capability highlight problems in an easy to interpret manner. Electrical, fuel, clutch or converter slippage and drive train problems are determined quickly. All tests are stored for future comparison and analysis. Automatic measurement of the barometric pressure and ambient air temperature together with humidity measurement ensure repeatability between tests." What I see is Dynojet calibrates other system in the test vehicle that, some, other "dynos" don't do. As far as RWHP goes, I would stick with the numbers provided by the standard ,load dyno, pulls . The advantage , I see, is if there are any system problems in your vehicle, the Dynojet can spot them, and your corrections, to the problem area, could possitevly impact your horse power/torque output. You have a nice race car configuration, and you will do well no matter what the numbers. Do you go to any NMRA events?