General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I have a 01 mustang v6 3.8l

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Michael Foster

Default I have a 01 mustang v6 3.8l

About a week ago I was driving down the road and I hear something hit the bottom of my car. After I heard that my car wouldn't take off in gear... I replaced the clutch and it still will not move in gear... I can move thru the gears without pushing in the clutch... I know if you have the car running and you let off the clutch and it stalls out the clutch is good but if keeps run the clutch is bad well my keeps stalling out but I can put it in gear and let of the clutch and it still will not engage in gear what can it be
Old 04-24-2018, 09:53 AM
RugbyRef

Originally Posted by Michael Foster
About a week ago I was driving down the road and I hear something hit the bottom of my car. After I heard that my car wouldn't take off in gear... I replaced the clutch and it still will not move in gear... I can move thru the gears without pushing in the clutch... I know if you have the car running and you let off the clutch and it stalls out the clutch is good but if keeps run the clutch is bad well my keeps stalling out but I can put it in gear and let of the clutch and it still will not engage in gear what can it be
Have you looked under the car for any damage?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

When you say that you replaced the clutch and it still won't move, am I correct in assuming that you replaced the clutch after the incident? Seems like if you were already underneath the car, you would have spotted something during the clutch change.

Also, can you tell us more about what the object looked like before you ran over it?
Old 04-25-2018, 03:41 PM
RugbyRef

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro
When you say that you replaced the clutch and it still won't move, am I correct in assuming that you replaced the clutch after the incident? Seems like if you were already underneath the car, you would have spotted something during the clutch change.

Also, can you tell us more about what the object looked like before you ran over it?
Guess I should have assumed he looked under the car if he replaced the clutch already. That being said...we need more info.