General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radar Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Radar Detectors

I have a cheap whistler, one that one of my friends stole and gave to me cuz he didnt have his license. The radar warning goes off about 2 or 3 minutes before i see the cop on the highway. Although i did get a ticket with it when i was hit by laser, for some reason there was no advanced warning, when i heard it go off is when he hit me. other than that it works fine, and good enough for being free. I aslo bought a radar/laser scrambler, i got a ticket while it was on, but i think the cop is full of tihs. My dad drives semi and he had one of them and he said it worked really well and he never got a ticket with it. The company who makes it will pay your ticket if it is under 15mph over the speed limit. which they left that part out when i bought it, but i run that radar detector and the scrambler at the same time, pretty good combination. The company is rocky mountain radar and the scrambler is called the phaser II . it is around 150 or so
Old 12-03-2005, 06:43 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

http://www.k40.com/home_main.html

modified magazine did a test of one of the k40 systems in early 04 late 03 idk the date of this article but i ripped it out and kept it.
they just came out with a wireless version using bluetooth. that link is their site. CLICK ON PRODUCT REVIEWS on their site. they have like 20 different reviews of their different models from magazines and some may be websites. this article is in there too.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:24 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

oh yeah check out this http://www.beltronicspro.com/rx75.html
the plus version comes with the laser blocking stuff

you cant get any better than these two(beltronics rx75 plus and k40w/laser defuser)
the other units you guys talk about the valetine 1 and the passport will protect you against radar but more and more states are using POP mode/laser and these cant go off fast enough because laser can shoot 300 beams/sec at the speed of light. the only way to safeguard against these is to block them. There is another long thread about this somewhere, i think on here, if not maybe MPH forums but someone brought up a good point. if the cop really wants to get your speed, he will. he'll use the pop mode or laser (im not sure if they are different) and unless you are behind someone - which you arent if your at WOT - then your a sitting duck.